Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

PCOS sufferers thread

Since finding out how common PCOS is i thought it could be helpful to have a thread for women that are suffering to all compare, chat and support one another. Share what works for them & how they live with it, what do you think? Xx

Replies

• Hi Butterfly. Lovely idea. I have PCOS diagnoses in 2009 after a missed Mc where baby had died at 8 weeks but I didn’t know until day before I was due to have scan at 12 weeks. I have since then managed to have my two beautiful children and currently trying for number 3. My son took 6 months after the Mc to conceive and I was a nervous wreck most of the pregnancy. My daughter was a stroke of luck and we conceived her in the first month of trying. I am currently going into only month two of trying for this baby but have been doing lots of research to help my chances and I am taking vitamin b6 and magnesium to help my chances, apparently it helps regulate your cycle and also helps to ovulate. We were unsuccessful last month but it has only been two months since having my copper coil removed so I wasn’t expecting we would be so luck again. I’m very hopeful for this coming month though. Best of luck to you too. X
  • *MrsS* said:
    Hi Butterfly. Lovely idea. I have PCOS diagnoses in 2009 after a missed Mc where baby had died at 8 weeks but I didn’t know until day before I was due to have scan at 12 weeks. I have since then managed to have my two beautiful children and currently trying for number 3. My son took 6 months after the Mc to conceive and I was a nervous wreck most of the pregnancy. My daughter was a stroke of luck and we conceived her in the first month of trying. I am currently going into only month two of trying for this baby but have been doing lots of research to help my chances and I am taking vitamin b6 and magnesium to help my chances, apparently it helps regulate your cycle and also helps to ovulate. We were unsuccessful last month but it has only been two months since having my copper coil removed so I wasn’t expecting we would be so luck again. I’m very hopeful for this coming month though. Best of luck to you too. X
    Congratulations on your two babies & good luck this cycle! 

I didnt get diagnosed with PCOS until 6 months after my daughter was born. We hadn’t used anything for 7 years and been TTC for 3 before we caught. 

Currently back under fertility clinic and been TTC for one cycle which is currently on day 47 so it’s stressful! Taking Metaformin daily to help regulate & help me ovulate - follow up app 2nd July by then we’d have had lots more tests done. Glad they’re checking straight from a fresh. 

Have a feeling uts going to be as hard as first time. We conceived on clomid