Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Absolutely devastated...possible MC

So After 9 positive pregnancy tests since tues (including yesterday morning) I started to have spotting yesterday which had got heavier, i also have a dull ache in My lower back and now looks like a normal period. I called 111 who advised A&E in case of MC or UTI I saw a Docs at the hospital and did a urine and blood test. Urine test came back negative for pregnancy and blood test had slightly raised levels of HGC but apparently it’s  highly unlikely I’m pregnant. The doctor was awful and didn’t explain anything  at all. Has anyone else experienced this? Thank you 

Replies

• I had a mc back in Feb. I’m so sorry you had to experience this but it’s 1 in 5 pregnancies that end in mc. Day 1 of bleeding is like day 1 of your cycle so you’ll possibly ovulate again in 2 weeks and be back on track. I was back on track straight away so try to stay positive and it will happen again. It’s very positive that you were able to get pregnant in the first place xx
  • Thank you very much. I’m so sorry you had a mc 😢 pregnancy tests at home are still saying pregnant and I also have an ectropion which I thought was the cause of bleeding. I still have an appointment with the midwife of wed night so I’ll still go and see if she can clarify a few things. We are absolutely gutted x 
  • It’s so disappointing, I know the feeling. It’s so deflating to have to go back to square 1 but we will get there xx