Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Trying in June - anyone else?

Replies

• jlh87 said:
    Hi all
    This is my first time ttc, I came off the mini pill 2 weeks ago. I haven’t had a bleed yet and I think I’m ovulating.
    Does anyone know if that’s possible without having a bleed? I keep reading confusing things about coming off the pill and ttc? 
    I had hoped to have a bleed first then I would be able to start fresh and work out dates correctly but I don’t want to miss this opportunity if I am ovulating!
    Coming off the pill is difficult to analyse. When I was TTC my daughter in 2017, my first cycle was 56 days, next was 46 and then the next I had my BFP. So it's hard to predict but all I'd say is just take it day by day x
  • @Butterfly07 - we’ve been not preventing since we got married 8 years ago. It took almost 2 years for my af to return. We got pg in May 2016 but had a mc at 8 weeks, we’ve also had a couple of chemicals. My hubby has been ill on and off for the last 18months but has since April got a lot better so we’ve been actively ttc’ing again for the last 2 months. We’ve had all the tests and hubby does have slightly ‘drunk’ sperm but has double the normal amount so shouldn’t be an issue. Can’t have pre IVF treatment as wouldn’t qualify for NHS IVF. We are considering private but know we can get pg so want to give it a try for a few months. 

@TryingForSecond I tested yesterday afternoon as the onesteps I’d ordered cake and negative so think that might have been a false positive. Have ordered some FRER on amazon prime which should arrive today so will probably test again with fmu. Hubby has put his foot down as told me to stop testing as I was a bit mess yesterday. Although then he is as bad as me as he is convinced I have chadwick’s sign but struggling to find any pics to compare too x
  • edited Jun 2, 2019 1:24PM
    @Liz_H2 sounds like a rollercoaster journey you guys have had so far, fingers crossed this is your month :)

@jlh87 sorry I'm not much help as I came off my pill 8 years ago, hope one of the ladies can help you. Excited to share your TTC journey with you tho, good luck

@TryingForSecond so today is a day in bed for me, CD53 in pain and had diareha and sickness all night, OH has taken daughter out for the day as I am completely wiped out. Had small bleed friday and saturday, nothing today. My body is so stressful 
  • Hi ladies. I had a little win this morning. Got my first high fertility day of the month with clearblue digital advanced ovulation tests. I know it doesn't garentee ovulation will happen but it is something positive for me to be hopeful about. It was also around the same time as last month give or take a couple of days so that's encouraging that my cycles are finding some type of rhythm after miscarriage. Here's to hoping June is a good month. How are you guys xx baby dust xx
  • Morning ladies, hope everything is doing well.
    i am on Cd18 and 13,14,15 had ewcm and then today it has gone to quite thick and creamy.. can we assume I have O’d?? 
    6 month ttc but still don’t want to start using opks or temping just trying my best not to stress and just figure it out. We managed bd 12, 15, 16 so if I have O’d around 16/17 we should have an okay chance this month. My cycles have been around 30/31 days the past couple of months x
  • Sounds like you have covered it Kl10. Well done staying calm and monitoring cm is a pretty could way to tell I say. Women have trusted it for hundreds of years before these opk tests so I definitely try to use it as my sign too. I will cross everything for you!!
  • So I think AF may actually have arrived today which means my cycle was 53 days, 82 the months before that and 23 before that. No chance of me ever knowing when I OV but means I can go and get my day 1 bloods done today so I’m happy. I was so poorly sturdy night I knew it was coming

@Herestohoping that’s great news & such a positive start to the month, so happy for you! 

@KL10 sounds like you have all basis covered! Yay excited for you. Best way to be I think as it takes over so much of our lives as it is it’s nice to be able to take a relaxed approach, as much as possible anyway. 
  • Thanks girls! I am hoping this month is our month but really trying not to put pressure on things. My AF is due on father’s day so that’ll be a nice gift for OH! But yeah, we have tried 6 months and looking back at my cycles we haven’t dtd in cd16 before so maybe If I O on cd17 that’s why! Not sure but just ready to fall pregnant now!
    @Butterfly07 I’m pleased AF has arrived and oi can go for bloods, your cycles sound like torture and not helpful at all for you knowing ovulation!
    @Herestohoping where are you in your cycle now? Nearing testing? 
  • KL10 said:
    Thanks girls! I am hoping this month is our month but really trying not to put pressure on things. My AF is due on father’s day so that’ll be a nice gift for OH! But yeah, we have tried 6 months and looking back at my cycles we haven’t dtd in cd16 before so maybe If I O on cd17 that’s why! Not sure but just ready to fall pregnant now!
    @Butterfly07 I’m pleased AF has arrived and oi can go for bloods, your cycles sound like torture and not helpful at all for you knowing ovulation!
    @Herestohoping where are you in your cycle now? Nearing testing? 
    It took us 6 months to conceive my little girl so fingers crossed this month is your month 🤞 
  • Sorry @Herestohoping I meant as in close to your ovulation.. is that what the smiley face means? Do you dtd every day? We always said from day 1 we will just dtd as and when we feel and don’t want it to become a job or process we still want to enjoy it and it to happen naturally! Good luck in your bd’ing days!! 
  • Read the forms wrong, can go for bloods any day between day 2-4 but the prefer day 3 so I’ll go Wednesday when my LO is in pre school. If I continue bleeding that’ll be day 3. Got OH booked in for sperm analysis & waiting on my app for HyCosy test, all has to be done before our app on 2nd July so busy month. But yes @KL10 my cycles are hard work, took us almost 3 years to conceive our first. 

Xxxx
  • Kl10 in on CD 14 but I'm pretty sure I ovulate about day 19-20. When I have used these ovulation tests I have got at least 5 days of the flashing high fertility smiley before the static peak fertility one. I really hope it goes the same way this month. We try dtd every other day once we get the flashing smiley and then when it goes static every day. But like you say.. If you're not in the mood you can't always cover all the days. Never want to be finding it a chore so try to keep it relaxed!! I do tell hubby what's going on though with the opk he likes to know so that we are on same page. Lately he's been telling me not to worry and that we are in no rush etc because I have been quite stressed out. He's lovely tries to make me feel better.
    Butterfly what happens when you go for blood s? I also had really long cycles since I was young. It's only recently I think I may be starting to get a pattern of between 30 to 34 days. I've been taking agnus castus and b6 supplement. You really have to read so much to learn about your body when ttc is it takes time.. Don't you. Us girls have so many different potential problems etc!! I hope you are well. 
  • Great news @Butterfly07, it will feel good I’m sure to be able to start tests etc. and not have to wait longer for that. 

And here’s hoping it’s a positive month for all!

I’ve had a really low day today. I’m been achey, bloated and constipated for a couple of days now and so I’ve been a real misery guts. Feel very sorry for OH. Decided to kick myself up the bum and go for a run. Just a gentle three miles but made me feel better, endorphins and all! It got me thinking what kind of exercise others TTC are doing? I’ve run a lot over the years, a couple of half marathons and one marathon but I’m not in my best shape at then moment. I’m assuming exercise you’ve always down is ok and just shouldn’t start doing anything new / too extreme?!
  • @Herestohoping your OH sounds lovely! We’re back under the fertility clinic as we were with our first & conceived on our first month of clomid, I’m really taken aback this time tho as I got told they won’t help as much with your 2nd if you’ve had a healthy baby but they’re literally running the tests from the start. I have PCOS but I suppose they’re just checking nothings changed since I had my LO. 

@RememberToBreathe sorry to hear you’re feeling rubbish but good on you for going for a run, I’ve got back to eating well & trying to work out more. Went on a 4K walk with my LO this afternoon, hoping to push myself to the gym tomorrow and Wednesday. But yeah I think any exercise while TTC is good, in my fertility pack it says being active increases your chances and like you mentioned the endorphins really do help every part of us including mentality xx 
  • Hi butterfly I'm glad they are being thorough with you so that you have peace of mind on your ttc journey this time around. Wishing you all the best. I got second flashing smiley today so that's good but the strip opk still barely has a line so I think it will be a good few days before ovulation if I have it. Hope so. We will keep bd every other day until static. 
  • @Herestohoping looking very positive for you! 

Well I've not bled for about 12 hours so really don’t know what’s going and if this is AF or not. Heads all over the place 
  • Butterfly have you taken a hpt? If may be implantation bleeding if it has been short? 
  • @Herestohoping what is a HPT? Sorry! I really don’t think I am pregnant just wanted my bloods done, stressed out. Don’t know wether to still go for them tomorrow or not xx 
  • @Herestohoping what is a HPT? Sorry! I really don’t think I am pregnant just wanted my bloods done, stressed out. Don’t know wether to still go for them tomorrow or not xx 
    HPT is a home pregnancy test x
  • Oh 😂😂😂

i took one on the 27th and it was negative x