Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Catch up

1235»

Replies

• Wow I hope you can find time to nap that sounds tough going dear!! So worth it in the end though and it's a short time. Will be exciting to get some new clothes for pregnancy mind!!
    My positive ov was yesterday. We bd 2 days before that, then day off positive, and we will tonight and tomorrow to cover it. My temp dropped really low yesterday on day of positive but today it stayed about the same so don't think it's happened yet. Although my chart is usually a slow rise on ov. I've also had a lot of ewcm this week which made me do the tests as this is way early for ov for me. But think after a month off no ov it might be why it's happening early this month. I hope it does. It is horrible when you read that ppl get positive but can still not ov as body was gearing up then stopped. Guess I just need to wait for temps as indication. I m a bit more chill at the moment about it. Trying to hold on to that lol. 
    You managing to keep your secret from the kids then? 
  • So far yes they are unaware. They haven’t mentioned my growing tummy but I am trying to hide it under a loose cardigan around the house, the five year old is less observant than the 8 year old haha. I’m going to struggle in another couple of weeks though with it getting bigger. I took this comparison photo today, it’s hard to think it’s just a weeks difference and these are taken first thing in the morning before I eat or drink anything so no bloating at all. I’m double the size when I’m bloated 🙈. 

Got my fingers crossed that 10 days time you will get you bfp. I hope the temp goes up tomorrow. Mine took two days before it then went up and didn’t go up by loads either. You just want it to keep higher than normal and stay high. Do you have a bbt thermometer now?  X
  • Wow you can see a difference it's all beginning!! Very exciting :) hopefully you can keep it secret for a bit longer dear!
    Ido have a bbt thermometer now and today temp has started to make its way up.. I hope to stay up. Its not as high yet as it needs to be. But had the big drop then now its going up. I usually get a slow increase so hopefully it still means I have ovulated. I know tmi but I've had a lot of ewcm past 3 days. A lot. And today watery. We shall continue to bd. I'm super relieved if this has happened now because hubby goes away for work for a week from Sunday. Right on my predicted ovulation week. After not ovulating last month I think I will be at least happy if I ovulate this month.
    You should keep taking a photo each week that would be a nice memory xxx
  • Yes I’m doing a photo every Wednesday morning which would be my week mark each time. 
    A steady rise is fine as long as it keeps rising. Fingers crossed you have fully covered yourself before hubby goes away regardless. Really hope this is your month. Xxx
  • Yay! Please keep sharing your progress it's so exciting a baby is growing in there!!
    Yes I just have to keep hoping it continues to rise. I also am trying fertility friends along side flo this month. I have up ovia as not that impressed with it. I love flo though. We will bd until hubby leaves sunday. Now I can really just try relax and not think about it. Going to try distract myself before I get obsessed!! Concentrating on healthy diet for me n hubby is keeping my mind occupied a bit! I definitely need other things to distract me. I will also stay with my parents a night or two while hubby is away so that I can't get carried away while I have the spare alone time lol. Do you get any early scans because of past experiences? After my miscarriage the sonographer told me that if I got pregnant again I only have to call and they will make sure I get extra scans every two weeks from week 6 if it will help me relax xxx I thought that was nice. You have some lovely bits too look forward to xx
  • Hi mrss how are you doing?
    My apps have confirmed ovulation so hoping my temp stays up for the next few days. Think iam 4 or 5 dpo. I think we covered the window well. The symptom spotting has begun lol. Xx
  • He @Herestohoping I’m good thanks you?  How exciting, I really do hope you have caught this month now, would mean you being due in March too. 😊. Remember symptom spotting may be different as I really didn’t show any symptoms until last week really. Still not many symptoms to be fair, had very sore boobs this morning had to put on a sports bra just to give me more support. My boobs are very small especially after breast feeding two but they definitely need the support now from a sports bra 😂. 

Im really tempted to book an early scan as feel I can’t wait for 12 weeks. I had early scans with my son as had a small bleed and then had later scans with daughter as she was measuring small. There is a clinic not far away that charge £45 for a early scan, might see if I can tempt husband. Lol. 

How ling is your hubby away for now? Fingers crossed you are not waiting to long till you get that positive. Do you have all your tests ready? I think it was 9dpo I got my positive with first response and one of the cheapie 10miu tests. I keep doing to occasional test just to make sure my lines are nice and dark, so far so good. Xxx
  • I would be the same testing to check the lines!!! So pleased you're doing good dear. Definitely go for early scan if you can. No chance you can go on nhs? The nhs hospital I was at for miscarriage offered me early scans for my next pregnancy said I just needed to calm them so maybe you could do that as you have a gas stone though experiences too. It's good peace of mind and mental health really more than anything!!
    Would save your money. 

Hubby is away until Friday. I ovulated  tue or wed last week and we covered it up to then and on those days and up to Saturday before he left just in case. There is a clear shift this time so quite sure I at least have ovd. 
    Tbh after my recent chemical im kind of put off testing early (at all really)!).Me n hubby talked about it few weeks ago and think from now on I just won't test. Then if my period doesn't come il see how it goes. I don't drink hardly ever so I wouldn't have to worry about that either. It's probably not happened so I'll just wait for period from now on and that will give me my answer and save my money on tests lol.

However it would be lush to be due the same month and go through it all together he he xxx
  • @Herestohoping how are things lovely? Any good signs yet? Or tests?  

Sorry iv been quiet this week its it’s been one crazy week for me. Been emotional, exhausted, bit nauseous and stressed. Had two cakes to do for customers which hasn’t been easy as iv been soo queasy. Then iv had the stress with work as was told I had an interview for the Friday for the TA job which I was adamant I wouldn’t get compared to the other girl who is well known and loved at the school. Amazingly only 20 minutes later I was told I got it. I’m so happy about it but also dreading telling them I’m expecting in September as I’ll feel like I’m letting them down but I have my reasons for not telling them due to previous losses. Just hope they won’t be too disappointed. My stomach is showing even more now I’m really struggling to hide it under all the baggy clothes, glad I only have 7 more shifts in which I need to hide it. 

Got it my fingers crossed lovely that you are close to getting that bfp in the next few days. Xxx
  • Huge congratulations on your job and there was you thinking you wouldn't get it I hope you are very proud of yourself dear!! Also.. You can't sweat and guilt yourself and dead telling them about this pregnancy. Its like apologising for being a woman and a mother and we cannot do that. It's life and they have to understand and that is just that dear. Please don't fret and when you tell them do it with your head held high and confidence off your celebratory news. You can have both a baby and the job you like it is 2019. 
    I got my period today cd26. Usually 31 days average but i ovd early this month so it makes sense I got my period early right? I'm kinda sad but been with hubby all day has made it a bit easier taking my mind off it. I guess we have to not focus on this too much. It looks like it's going to be a long wait for us so we need to settle in and stop obsessing every month. I do panic. I panic at intervals all day lol.. That time is passing blah blah. But there is nothing I can do except try to be healthy.. Keep trying. I know that at some point this could break me.. Emotionally.. If it doesn't happen for us. Its daunting. But what can you do. I'm really fine and will just keep on keeping on because there is nothing else I can do. Xxx

• Hey @Herestohoping I’m so sorry this wasn’t your month again. How long is it you have been trying now? Would it be worth mentioning to your drs and seeing if there are any tests they can do to help you find some answers?  
    It’s good you are feeling ok about it though, I felt so distorted every month we got a negative but then I know I haven’t waited half as long as most women I have known. 

Its been a bit of an emotional week for me. Got some bad news about the job. Turns out the child I was employed to care for is now going to another school so I am no longer needed any more so no job for me. Line manager said they are not going to tell me 100% no job until September in case they think I may be needed and they can keep the funding or someone hands there notice in during the holidays. I don’t think there is much hope but to be fair I’m kind of not wanting it now anyway and just want to rest up. 

Iv been getting very very bad cramps the past few days and nausea has kicked up a notch too, husband has been pretty good and understanding. Iv just got one more shift left at work then I can try relax over the summer.  

Please keep in touch would be lovely to know how you get on. Xx
  • Hi mrss. Trying not to stress and focus on it too much yet as the Dr's said lasty time I went that there was no signs of anything wrong with me and that I can obviously get pregnant because I had the miscarriage so.. Think we just have to keep on keeping on. It took 4 months to get pregnant before my miscarriage so not that long. And that was in Feb so think they wouldnt help me anyways until its been a year since that I'm not sure.
    Going to just try be positive. 
    But I do feel it's going to take a long time. 
    Sorry to hear about your job I hope something good still comes off it for you I really do. If not it's not meant to be and you can have space to focus on baby solely.. A silver lining. Xxx