Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Over 40+ ttc

Hi ladies. I have just joined. I was wondering if there is anyone here who are 40+ years old and ttc??

Replies

• Hi, yes Im 40 and tcc. I had 2 miscarriages in 3 months hoping third time lucky! 
  • Hi Agnes....hope all Is well with you x

• Hey im well thanks. How are you? Any luck so far? Xx
  • Hi how are u..no luck really. How about u xx

• No but not giving up yet. How long you have been trying for? Xx
  • Hello I am 41 and this is my first month trying for baby number 4. Today is the 7th day of my 2ww. How are you both?
  • Im tcc #2 from February this year, got pregnant really quick twice but miscarried. I have a 3 year old. Had all the checks done and no reason so doctors put it down to my age...A bit worried as time ticking but don't want to give up. What about you both? Xx
  • Hi to both of you... i am 42 years old and not had a period since january 2019. I went to see the gynae consultant today and previously i had a endometriosis polyp which i recently got removed... so last appt she gave me some meds to induce the bleed then to have clomid and 21day blood test to see if i have ovulated..but i didnt take as dislike meds...anyway today she said my amh level is low and she wouldn't recommend ivf and suggested donor egg and said she will send me off to do hormonal blood test to see if im premenopausal but no symptoms at all...i feel so gutted..im thinking to do reflexology..but my main concern is that bcuz im not having regular cycles i do not know when i ovulate...which is crap...she even refused for us to have iui...all hubby results normal...
  • Just to mention we have 10 year old boy so i suppose i should be grateful.
    I naturally concieved then and normal pregnancy etc..however i am taking lamberts strong start vitamins and minerals...so just do not know were to go from here...😂😂😂😂

• i find chaste tree tablets (from fushi wellbeing) useful to help regulate my cycles. It is all natural. I also heard great things about maca powder. Since 2013 I have either been pregnant or breastfeeding and I have only had a handful of periods over the past 6 years. Taking chaste tree helped me in some ways to fall pregnant each time . Of course it could just be luck but there is no harm in trying. My children are 5, 3 and and 15 months old.
  • Hi..thanks for that i will try it..i asked the consultant how can i improvr the egg quality she said dhea over the internet but shes heard you can have hair loss with that..im considering to get a 2nd opinion and go private...were r u ladies from uk??
  • Hey are their any side effects to that medication 
  • I haven’t experienced any side effects from chaste tree (it is also called vitex). What’s dhea? It is always good to get a second opinion. Yes I am from the uk, was in London until a few years ago and now Gloucestershire. How about you?

• Im from London
  • Dhea is some meds which u take to improve the quality of the eggs u have got left..google it for exact info
  • I am starting reflexology soon
  • Hi I’m sorry hear didn’t go well today , I would have second opinion, just make sure nothing is missing in what can do , hopefully you will just conceive naturally when least expect it keeping my fingers crossed for you , I’m really hoping this month will be it but won’t build my hopes up , I’m from Birmingham x
  • Im from london, would love to see another doctor but not sure who... Dont know whether i should keep on trying or get help, and from where....I will be 41 in December 
  • Hi ladies have any1 of you tried preseed lubricant?? I read reviews and it's really good apparently. 
  • Hi I’m 42 I’ve been trying for two years now have two older children 19 & 21 I had all but given up but this month felt different I tested today not my first wee and got a very faint line going to test again tomorrow