Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Positive IVF stories please :-(

Hi All, hope you are having a good time , Friday finally!!

Been through multiple failed IVF and Clomid treatments, heart broken ,in need of motivation badly , trying since last 6 years with no luck, PCOS+ Diabetic + Thyroid+ irregular AF , 35 years old. Last time 2 good quality frozen embryos were transferred, no AF till next few months and I was hoping and praying for positive - just nothing happened 😞. Blood test came negative. Anyone been through similar situation? Anyone got positive with similar medical condition? Please post your stories!! Thanks a lot!

Replies

• Hi @DM197 .... first off, I’m so terribly sorry for all of the struggles you have been facing. Often times out friends and family are there for us but don’t know how to be.. and often say things that come off sounding hurtful. You’re such a brave and strong woman to keep going through this. I truly believe your miracle rainbow baby is at the end of this tough road. My husband and I struggled for 3 years. Clomid, letrazole, 3 IUIs... one natural pregnancy miscarriage during a fertility break... and then a failed ivf cycle. We got a positive test on the second but it’s still so early and I always think the worst. I worry I’m going to start bleeding every day and I can see now that they call it a fertility journey bc it is full of highs and lows... and I also feel mostly lows. I kept saying I would never be a mother maybe it wasn’t meant to be. I think our bodies have a funny way of playing games with our minds. I can tell from your serious commitment to this, it has to eventually work. I’m just so sorry it’s taken so long! When we are told good quality embryos have been transferred... we figure why shouldn’t it work?! Try again! It happened to me also. It’s heartbreaking to a degree that people who haven’t gone through it cannot understand. You WILL be a mom. My favorite quote... “you have been given this mountain to prove to others it can be moved” ❤️❤️❤️ I cannot tell you how many of my friends and family members told us it was time to stop trying. It was so hurtful and made us feel so alone. We kept going. Right now I’m sitting here with a positive test and hope this one continues... but am worried every day I could lose it. I hope you do continue bc you sound like you have so much love to give a future child. I’m here for you if you ever want to talk! I’m putting my email here just in case bc I’m not the best at logging onto forums. So sorry for the long winded text. Your message speaks to me and my heart is breaking for you. ❤️❤️❤️ My email Lori: Lbauer82@gmail.com
  • I am currently 5 weeks pregnant following my final IVF cycle. I have severe mixed emotions to looking at baby things that I will buy to keep going to the loo as I am expecting to start bleeding and my dream be shattered. I have another 2 weeks to wait for my first scan.

Lbauer27 you are right, people who haven't been through fertility treatments don't understand what it feels like and it's so easy for someone who can conceive naturally to take it for granted or expect that you could too..... blocked tubes due to endometriosis and impossible for me.

• @MrsS35 praying this is the one for you. I have those same fears of bleeding. It’s like you experience it once and you never seem to accept that things will work out for you. We all deserve to be mothers just like everyone else 🌈❤️ 

@DM197 I’m sure @MrsS35 will also relate to this. I would call my husband every day crying and tell him I was stopping my medication. What if it doesn’t work again? He kept saying “what if it does work?” And it would make me so angry bc he has no idea truly what it feels like to watch the clock looking for your next dose. You deserve to be a mother and you will get there. ❤️❤️❤️ It’s so hard not doll to do this... but don’t blame yourself or your body. You are doing everything you can to make this work. Doctors don’t usually make you go through the process is they don’t believe you can conceive. They are harshly realistic in my opinion. If another round of IVF is an option for you, I say you go for it! And we will be here rooting for you! My friends would often make comments to me about how we could probably buy another house with the money we are spending. What they don’t understand is that I would trade in my current home if it gave me the opportunity at another chance at being a mom. 🤞🌈
  • This is the first time I have ever been pregnant. Don't think we can afford another round of ivf. The fertility clinic won't tell me success rates at this stage. I've got no idea at this point but trying to not stress or be too negative or too positive. 
  • Thanks for responding lovelies!
    Lots of love and prayers for both of you MrsS35 & Lori xx sending you both good vibes xx May God shower his blessings on us !

I completely agree with your point Lori, I been through same “ What they don’t understand is that I would trade in my current home if it gave me the opportunity at another chance at being a mom”  What is life without a family , without child! I have spent all my savings and will keep doing that until I can. I just had a failed cycle recently, will give another try in few months time.

Lori, MrsS35 - let me know how it goes , take good care and stay healthy. <3
  • Got my 7 week scan on 15 July. Fingers crossed all is well and should be able to see a heart beat. 
  • MrsS35 said:
    Got my 7 week scan on 15 July. Fingers crossed all is well and should be able to see a heart beat. 
    Best wishes x 
  • Who are u with?  Most ivf doesnt take because there is a chromazone abnormality. Care fertility offer genetic testing on the embryo for an additional £2000. I know its alot but its worth a shot. Apparently 70% of our eggs have abnormalitys and this is maon reasom ivf fails xxx
  • Good luck, @MrsS35.. I have a scan this Friday. Not sure what we are expecting at 5 weeks and 2 days at that point but I guess we will see. 

@Susiegirlygirl that’s a great point. I forgot we did that as well. @dm197 said she had good quality transfers, so I’m guessing she had them tested? More than half of mine had abnormalities. It helped weed out some potentially heartbreaking transfers. My first was still unsuccessful, even with a really high grade. Unfortunately, my doctor said this is quite common. Do you have anymore embryos to work with from your last retrieval @dm197? 🤞💕 hoping your next chance comes soon! 
  • Who are u with?  Most ivf doesnt take because there is a chromazone abnormality. Care fertility offer genetic testing on the embryo for an additional £2000. I know its alot but its worth a shot. Apparently 70% of our eggs have abnormalitys and this is maon reasom ivf fails xxx
    Thanks Susie x, I haven’t tried this yet , I have booked with homertan for the next IVF in a few months time . I am not sure if they offer this, will check, do you believe Care fertility will do only generic testing for me? I will give them a call to confirm this week. We were also giving thoughts of surrogacy with our own embryos if does not work this time , don’t know why they do not implement on my body. Coming cycle would be a fresh, no frozen embryos.
  • Lbauer27 said:
    Good luck, @MrsS35.. I have a scan this Friday. Not sure what we are expecting at 5 weeks and 2 days at that point but I guess we will see. 

@Susiegirlygirl that’s a great point. I forgot we did that as well. @dm197 said she had good quality transfers, so I’m guessing she had them tested? More than half of mine had abnormalities. It helped weed out some potentially heartbreaking transfers. My first was still unsuccessful, even with a really high grade. Unfortunately, my doctor said this is quite common. Do you have anymore embryos to work with from your last retrieval @dm197? 🤞💕 hoping your next chance comes soon! 
    Best of luck Lori x

I don’t have any left , this would a fresh cycle , for all the IVF cycles  , I had developed OHSS and it went frozen , expecting same this time too.
  • DM197 care are the ones who pioneered it so they defo do it as we will be having it done due to our last pregnancy having downs syndrome. Apparently a lady had 11 failed ivf attempts then had the testing done and it took. This is well worth paying for. Also u xan have tge lining ofvtge womb scratched so that it attaches better xxx  i really hope u get ur special baby hun xxx 
  • DM197 care are the ones who pioneered it so they defo do it as we will be having it done due to our last pregnancy having downs syndrome. Apparently a lady had 11 failed ivf attempts then had the testing done and it took. This is well worth paying for. Also u xan have tge lining ofvtge womb scratched so that it attaches better xxx  i really hope u get ur special baby hun xxx 
    Thank you Susie xx definitely going to call them!
  • @dm197 I definitely recommend testing as well. I’m in New York, so our clinics here are different, but after they weeded out 8 blastocysts out of 12 it made me realize how important that testing can be. Wishing you the best of luck in your next transfer 🌈☀️
  • Hi all, we're wondering if you can help this new member with her question about her first FET - she's over on this thread. Thank you :blush:
  • Lbauer27 said:
    @dm197 I definitely recommend testing as well. I’m in New York, so our clinics here are different, but after they weeded out 8 blastocysts out of 12 it made me realize how important that testing can be. Wishing you the best of luck in your next transfer 🌈☀️
    Thank you Lori, glad I posted here , I was not aware about these testings at all, will give it a go for next cycle x
  • Hi all, we're wondering if you can help this new member with her question about her first FET - she's over on this thread. Thank you :blush:
    Sure , will try to help