Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Nexplanon Removed TTC but still no period

Hey guys! So I removed my nexplanon on May 28th the last period i had was 4/25 lasted 2 days then it stopped then resumed again 4/26 for another 3 days. Since i had it removed i haven't had another period. Took 2 tests both negative. I was suppose to get my period last month on the 24th so according to this tracking app (i have only put in the above info into the app as well i never kept track of my periods before those days) and according to the app im 38 days late. no signs of pregnancy or pms...not sure if imy body just stil hasnt adjusted or if im pregnant? Anyone else have something similar?

Replies

• From experience I have had 4 different implants over the years and whilst the last 2 my cycle seemed to return almost immediately the 1st 2 took months to settle down. 

Whilst its possible to fall pregnant quickly so wouldnt rule it out I would keep testing maybe once a week but if no + and still no af I would recommend getting to ur gp as they can kick start ur cycle if needed.

Good luck x
  • I was the exact same!! Had my implant out in April and didn't have a period for 45 days before I came on! I think you need to get your period out the way before you start, just so you don't go crazy thinking you could be pregnant (although you could be.. fingers crossed) 

When TTC try using a OTK- especially if your period does get irregular, its easy to track your O. I'm using the clear blue advanced as my App was telling me that i was ovulating and i was getting nothing on the OTK , so i kept going and turned out i was O 5 days after what i thought and what the app was telling me! 

trust me its gets easier.. i was going out of my mind waiting for my period. But as soon as you get the first one at least then it can start to settle down and get in to a routine! 
     good luck xxxx
  • edited Jul 2, 2019 11:52AM
    Right! Before I had nexplanon in I always had regular periods. They became irregular a year after I had the implant in. This October would have been the start of year 3. So I had the implant in a year and a half. But I’ll deff go buy an ovulation test! 
  • @MissRoyalPhoenix - yeah i had mine in for 3 years and then 2 years so 5 years in total and my periods were awful through having it in! But they say it can take a few months to get back to normal after having it out. so it should go back to something close to normal.. after 5 years i couldn't really remember what mine were like so i was in patient! 
    give a couple more days and see how you get on! hopefully you have your period and you can plan from there! its the waiting i couldn't deal with!! 
  • @Grace77 Even though I know my past, I thought I knew my body too. I am happy to know that I’m not alone! Lol. My soon to be husband is very anxious as well haha he’s the one who’s more concerned than I am! 😂
  • ahh it could be lots of factors that are delaying it! I had mine out just before our wedding too and i think the stress of everything delayed it even more. 

haha why is it the men that get more worried sometimes, they dont help at all!! 

good luck! hopefully gets back to normal soon! the OTK is god send honestly! xxx

• *Sunshine**Sunshine* Regular
    edited Jul 2, 2019 1:19PM
    Hello

I am completely new to all of this! I came off microgynon on 1 June after being on it since 16 (I’m now 31 so a long long time!) i had the normal withdrawal bleed from 3 June for about 5 days. Now on CD30 and waiting for AF to arrive. Keep feeling like it’s coming but then nothing. Have the aches and have been so bloated since coming off the pill.  It’s awful!  Yesterday had some weird CM I think and very watery discharge (?) which I’ve not seen before. Had to keep running to the loo as thought it was AF! No idea what’s going on!  I’m just finding it all very confusing to be honest and DH does not understand or need to listen to me describing all this! 🙈 so it’s good to know there are forums with girls experiencing the same sort of things.  Ps. Hope I have got the abbreviations right!!