Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

"Period" after stopping birth control pill?

Hi everyone! :) I'm new here and me and my partner decided we want to try to conceive. I started using the combination birth control pill about 4 months ago because of hormonal issues mainly. Now it's been about 4 days since i stopped taking it because we decided to try conceiving and i stopped it the day my last period stopped. So right when i was supposed to start a new pack, i simply didn't. And now it's been 2 days and im having a lot of blood, so much that it looks and feels like im having a second period 4 days after the last one stopped! Is this normal? I read that some bleeding is normal after stopping the pill but this feels like a period, with cramps and i need to use pads in order for the blood not to stain my clothes. This is for 2 days now. Did anyone else experience this? 

Replies

• As soon as you stop taking the pill you will get a withdrawal bleed which is what you are experiencing, all completely normal! They do feel exactly like periods x
  • Dchris I am having the same problem as you, and I wanted to ask did you get pregnant right away? 
  • Dchris I am having the same problem as you, and I wanted to ask did you get pregnant right away? 
    Hello there! It was normal i guess because my period got back to what it used to be in the next month! I didn't manage to get pregnant right away though,it took me a few months but i am pregnant now expecting our first baby in September! Good luck to you!  :)

• Hi stopped the pill at the end of May (after taking for 22 years!!!!) within a couple of days I had a withdrawal bleed which I believe is completely normal when stopping the pill. I then had my first actual period in June and my second period in July. I’ve been tracking my ovulation this month....hoping for some good news.....just in my 2 week wait following ovulation.