Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Tempted to test

Hi ladies and thank you for clicking on my thread. 

I need to write down my thoughts and hopefully get some advice!

So, I'm approximately 7dpo. Yesterday I had a dull stomach ache, the kind I only get when I'm due on my period... which obviously isn't yet. I also had a bit of pink going on in my underwear when using the bathroom. I'm sat here now, currently at work in my uniform and my trousers feel so tight. I just feel bloated and exhausted. Walking up the stairs earlier felt like a right effort.

I already have a toddler and had no symptoms whatsoever with her, so it's a bit confusing.

Is it worth taking a test yet? It's soooooo difficult not being able to discuss the matter with anyone face to face.

Replies

• Testing now would only make you more anxious I think. It’s still really early and the chances of you getting a false result are really high. Try waiting until at least another few days, if this is your month you will know soon enough. Then again we all know how difficult it is to wait so if you want to possibly go ahead it can’t hurt. Keeping fx for you x
  • I agree with the previous poster. When you're TTC every little detail is a 'potential sign'. At 7DPO you should have no symptoms at all so I would attribute what you're feeling right now to something else for now.

I'd give it at least 6/7 days before testing. But if you do test sooner don't let it get you down if it is negative cause it could just be that it's too early.
  • Hi 
    I'm in a similar position. 13 DPO - unsure of when AF is due as I have an irregular cycle but used OPK this month and that's how I know I'm 13 DPO. Feel bloated mild cramps in my lower tummy and the tiredness oh my word along with some back pain. Trying to next get my hopes up been trying for 13mths and waiting to delay testing as long as possible to avoid the BFN.
  • Good luck @Lilypad606 I am so impressed but your restraint. I am trying to hold off until 11dpo and am finding that tough. Are you due AF tomorrow? When do you plan on testing? Keeping fx, am really excited for you, good luck ✨✨✨✨✨✨
  • @Kazam2817 I'm not sure when I'm due. I'm assuming AF would be 14 days after ovulation so I'm assuming should be here tomorrow. I'm just not ok with the thought of another negative that I don't know if I can put myself through a test tomorrow. When do you plan on testing? Keeping all fingers and toes crossed for you 🤞🤞
  • I know @Lilypad606 we have been trying 2 years and in all that time I only had one bfp and it was short lived and ended up being a chemical! It never gets easier but I still can’t help but test. I am going to hold out until the 22nd July (next Monday) but I have bloods at my fertility clinic a week on Friday. I know I should really wait until then but I am
    hopeless xx
  • @Lilypad606 @Kazam2817 wishing you both the best for testing.

I'm gonna hold off from testing as best I can. It drives me crazy having to be secret from everyone.
  • @Kazam2817 @SnuggleBunny88 it's awful the way our bodies can play tricks on us feeling like we're pregnant but then followed by a BFN.

Wishing you both luck 🌟🌟🌟
  • Keeping fx for all of us this month ✨✨✨
  • Caved and tested this morning BFN 😭
  • @Lilypad606btry not be too disheartened you’re still very early and not out until AF shows ✨✨✨🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
  • This might be a wee bit TMI so apologies. I had some brown discharge today. Have been experiencing severe lower back pain now for 24hrs and sharp pains in my abdomen. Some nausea and headaches along with dizziness. Could these be implementation symptoms? Feel I need to get checked over by Dr but scared they'll just say ride it out until AF arrives. All help appreciated 
  • I have heard that discharge and pain like that can be implantation but not everyone experiences that and you’re right your GP most likely won’t do anything. In fact as long as you’re taking your prenatal vitamins most of them don’t really do anything until you at least miss your period twice xx
  • It could potentially be implantation. Dont be disheartened just yet. Wait a little longer before testing again.

I am holding off for a few days before I test. It's torture! But I am soooo bloated, like borderline going to have to go up a dress size. 
  • The blaoting is while, you feel like every part of you has swollen even you eyeballs 😂 being a woman is such hard work, hopefully everything works out for us all 🤞🤞
    Thanks for the response ladies, it's hard for its not a topic many people want to discuss xx
  • @Lilypad606 exactly. We've been trying since the start of the year. Family and friends keep asking when there will be a baby number 2, and you cant exactly say, "well as a matter of fact we are currently trying". I don't want to broadcast our personal life to them if I'm honest. But these groups are great because we are on the same wavelength, under the same pressures x
  • Hi @Lilypad606, @Kazam2817,

How are you both feeling?
  • @SnuggleBunny88 I am
    ok thanks. Will be 8dpo today have had massive nausea and headache but can’t tell if they are signs or just reactions to the fertility drugs. Blood test a week tomorrow so fx 

hope everyone else is good looking to hear some nice positive stories xxx
  • I've got such tender boobs today. No change with the bloating though. 

I feel a bit disheartened today like, I've convinced myself that it's just my body playing tricks, but at the same time I cant shake off the fact that I've never had these feelings before.  Even with my periods I'm the one who goes to the loo and I've come on without realising, or a dull stomach ache and then I know its imminent.  Never had these feelings mud cycle before.

Confusing. Sending out lots of positive vibes though x
  • @SnuggleBunny88 I totally understand that, I think that those feelings are a normal part of the TWW/

You know you start off all positive, then you start symptom spotting even though you really try not to, then you get disheartened the closer it gets to BFP so you start to think it couldn't possibly be your time because you have had so much disappointment previously and you think anything you potentially feel is just AF coming and thus is the cycle of the TWW!!

It doesn't seem to matter what you try to plan to keep busy in the TWW, when you are that aware of yoru cycles there is nothing that distracts you. I am currently 8dpo, I am busy at work and moving home and yet whenever I take a break to get some water or go to the bathroom it literally pops into my head.

I'm just grateful for these forums because its the only outlet I have to really talk about it and the support is amazing. Keeping FX for you this month xxx