Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Positive then a week of negative tests no bleeding ?

edited Jul 18, 2019 2:22PM in Trying to conceive
Hi All,

I’m 16 days late on my period and have no symptoms my period is about to start. I got a positive test one week ago and since then I’ve had about 5 negatives with sensitive tests, testing at different times in the day. 

Ive had two miscarriages in the past seven months and with both I still got positive for a few days after the loss. 

Is it it more likely chemical or too early ? I tested positive in the evening and negative the following morning. 

Replies

• edited Jul 18, 2019 2:23PM
  • It's quite likely it's chemical I'm afraid. The fact you've gone from a positive to negatives over an extended period of time makes that very likely. I'd expect AF to visit soon. If you don't see AF in another week I'd be tempted to call the GP and explain what's happened just incase there could be something else going on. 
  • Yeah I think your right, being in limbo is just the worst. Wish my period would just arrive now!
  • For anyone else reading this in the same situation I got my period today, 8 days after my positive. As this is now my 3rd miscarriage I’m now being referred for test so hopefully I’ll get there soon. 
  • Sorry to hear this. Good luck for the future.