Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Early Ovulation, PMS Symptoms

Hello! I am 22 years old, and I have been TTC for 4 months (this is my 4th cycle). I came off the birth control pill back around January-February, but only really began paying attention to and tracking my cycle around April. Since I'm pretty new to this, I wanted to see if I could get some potential answers or explanations. I am also currently looking for a more supportive doctor.
  I have, pretty consistently, a 35-day cycle, which, from what I know, is on the longer side of normal. However, this cycle, which started on June 26, I estimated ovulation to have occurred only about a week after my period ended, which is pretty atypical for me. I usually ovulate around CD 20. I track ovulation based on cervical mucus changes, and I only noticed fertile mucus for a few days around July 5-8, along with lower back twinges. I had sex twice during that period. This is about a week earlier than I normally ovulate. I am wondering if fetile mucus happens at times other than ovulation (as far as I know, it does not), and, in addition, if my longer cycle might be indicative of any issues that I need to investigate. I have yearly exams, and I have never had any abnormal results. Although I suspect I ovulated early, my PMS symptoms (sore breasts, acne, etc) started at the exact same time as they have for the past four months, which indicates to me that I will start my next cycle around the 31st (if no BFP, but with how similar everything feels to every previous month, I have very little hope)
 Like I said, I am very new to this, so I apologize if I've phrased anything incorrectly. I'm hoping to get some advice or recommendations. Thanks so much for your time