Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Late period and spotting for 5 days

edited Jul 25, 2019 10:16AM in Trying to conceive
Just to start this off I have pcos but since having my first child last year my cycles have been pretty regular and only missed one but that is a whole different story

So my last period was 4th June and on the 28th I got what believed to be a positive opk based on my average cycle (40 days) my period was due 14th July now there is usually some variation but my cycle since having my baby has been between 35-45 days
 So on cycle day 48 I took a test and it was negative but a free days and all the way to now I have been tired, boobs killing me, headaches, back ache, nausea, vomiting which has been going on since cycle day 45 
 On the day I took my test I started spotting very lightly never going on to a pad only there if I wipe and even then not always I have now been spotting for 5 days and is is now cycle day 52 

So any suggestions on what could be going on would be appreciated

Replies

• Still spotting so been spotting for two weeks so I contacted Doctors and they have done a blood pregnancy test and checking my hormones and waiting for the results
  • Keep me posted? I’m in same boat 14 days late light spotting for 4.5 days and still nothing!
  • Update
    The blood pregnancy test came back negative and the hormone test came back fine but still spotting after 3 weeks so I went back to the doctor and they believe what is happening is a failed ovulation and are now arranging a ultrasound to confirm if this is what happened and check my ovaries to see if anything else is going on in them