Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pelvic ultrasound

Hi all - I’ve been referred for an ultrasound to check up on the old ovaries because of how much pain I have at ovulation (seriously talking fainting because of the pain). It also involves an internal ultrasound which I’ve never had before. Anyone had one? I was thinking that it couldn’t be worse than a smear but then I thought that whatever goes in has to go up a lot higher and I’m freaking out!

Replies

• Hi! I have an external and internal ultrasound a few weeks ago. I was worried as well but personally it was fine, bit uncomfortable and awkward but doesn't normally hurt, you could expect a bit of cramping after but that is normal xx
  • Thanks @Jessie124 - it wasn’t planned for any specific time but it will actually be a couple of days after I ovulate and as I’m usually in quite a lot of pain around then, I’ve been worried about this. I probably just need to relax!
  • If your in pain from ovulating when you go just explain to the lady doing it that you are tender from ovulation. The lady who did my was absolutely lovely! Talking me through it and letting me know that at any point if it was to much just to let her know and we can take a breather. Maybe take some painkillers before you go? X
  • Great idea, hadn’t thought about that!!