Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Conceiving after coming off the pill

I wondered if there was anyone who had ever been in my situation? 
Google is not helping me. 
Hubby and I have decided to try for baby number 2. So last Tuesday I took my last pill. 
Mai I’ve been taking the progesterone only pill since having my son last year. 
We decided not to wait for a Natural period after coming off the pill and just went for it. 
How long do I wait before taking a pregnancy test? 
Its only been a week I would assume that I would have all ready for my period by now surely? 
Anyone been in a similar situation? 

Replies

• id say wait another 3 weeks or so.

when i came off my pill i didnt have my first period for 3 months
  • Thank you for your advice. My fingers are crossed for that bfp I’ve been feeling sick today as I did with my son and tired so let’s see what happens 🙏
  • I came off the pill in May, it took exactly 4 weeks for AF to arrive 
  • Thank you for your input I’m just eager 😊
  • Hi, I came off Cerazette on the 12th of July, had loads of nausea, cramps, achey boobs etc... (apparently typical pill withdrawal side effects), period started on the 6th August. I think cycles vary after the mini pill. Wishing you luck! We’re going for it this month too!    
  • Did anyone get really hot on and off throughout the day as a symptom of coming off the pill? For the past week and a half I get moments where I get really really hot. They come when ever even if I’ve been sat down and not running around. Hubbys convinced I’m pregnant but bfn test done this morning says otherwise 🙇🏻‍♀️
  • MrsP13 said:
    Did anyone get really hot on and off throughout the day as a symptom of coming off the pill? For the past week and a half I get moments where I get really really hot. They come when ever even if I’ve been sat down and not running around. Hubbys convinced I’m pregnant but bfn test done this morning says otherwise 🙇🏻‍♀️
    Were you pregnant?
  • @Hshahsgs77 yes I was after. My little girl was born on the 18th 
  • @Hshahsgs77 I just realised I posted this in august. I didn’t fall pregnant till October