Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

August 2ww (newbie)

Replies

• If you wait a week the three of us could be testing on the same day..... 

Just being able to talk about it with people helps to rationalise things! 

Ha, Jane - I hope you’re right re:the puppy and BFP. I’m up for a challenge! 
  • I hope I’m right too for you! A welcomed challenge I bet! 

Yes I will wait a week then! Here’s to our BFP! X
  • I’ll be here in a week with you lovely ladies!! 🤞🏼🌟 x
  • I am due for af today but i have no signs of her showing up what so ever. Usually i get cramps and backache really bad but nothing i have no feelings. Also just noticed a yeast infection and constant on and off headaches. Tested today and negative. 
  • Might be too early yet? Perhaps you ovulated later than expected? 
  • Jane237 said:
    Might be too early yet? Perhaps you ovulated later than expected? 
    Maybe? I’m not sure . I have 2 kids already but it’s been 5 years and i didn’t know i was with either. I’m just confused. My body has no pain i still have cm and no signs of anything happening. Guess I’ll try to stay busy
  • I know it’s so confusing and you try not to get your hopes up! 
    My cm goes from being wet to dry daily! I’m not sure what to expect lol. 
    Maybe test again in the next few days - I know some ladies don’t get their positive until 1/2 weeks after their missed period. Let us know won’t you. Best of luck to you. Xx

• Yea i just don’t wanna get my hopes up. We both really do want another i just hope this is our time I’m going to try and relax a bit and take my mind off things 
  • Jane237 said:
    Marnie - I cant believe it as it was super faint! And I feel no different. 

Laura - any tips on how to keep busy please let me know! We go away in September and my spare bedroom is like Primark in the sales so I could sort that out - but I’d much rather google symptoms 😂😂😂 I need to get a life! 
    Hi Jane what brand of test did you use? 
  • Hi MrsC - I used First Response - was advised to use the Pink dye tests early on? 
  • Jane237 said:
    Hi MrsC - I used First Response - was advised to use the Pink dye tests early on? 
    That's what I used too.  Did you use the early results one? I have now done 2 first response and a digital test
  • Yes I did - I also used a CB digital which said negative. Did you get a positive result? 
  • Hi ladies... even I am due for AF in less than a week (6days).. but i have had no symptoms... we've been TTC for 3 months now... this is my 4th cycle... I desperately want to see that BFP but have no visible symptoms. I am beginning to get depressed. 
  • SwithR said:
    Hi ladies... even I am due for AF in less than a week (6days).. but i have had no symptoms... we've been TTC for 3 months now... this is my 4th cycle... I desperately want to see that BFP but have no visible symptoms. I am beginning to get depressed. 
    Don’t despair. I think a lot of people don’t have any symptoms at all until after a missed period. it’s not over until AF arrives so keep your chin up until then!

I know how you feel though, this is my third month of trying and reallyyyyyy want it to happen! 
  • Laura_J said:
    SwithR said:
    Hi ladies... even I am due for AF in less than a week (6days).. but i have had no symptoms... we've been TTC for 3 months now... this is my 4th cycle... I desperately want to see that BFP but have no visible symptoms. I am beginning to get depressed. 
    Don’t despair. I think a lot of people don’t have any symptoms at all until after a missed period. it’s not over until AF arrives so keep your chin up until then!

I know how you feel though, this is my third month of trying and reallyyyyyy want it to happen! 
    Fingers crossed it happens this month for all of us!!!
  • SwithR not everybody gets symptoms as it’s still so early so try not to put too much pressure on yourself. (Easier said that Done I know!) 
    3 months is a short time as well, when you say 4th cycle - what do you mean? 

Ive just done my first cycle of Clomid so I’m trying to just go with the flow but it’s hard at times, and I have good days and bad days. Everybody’s journey is different. 
  • Jane237 said:
    SwithR not everybody gets symptoms as it’s still so early so try not to put too much pressure on yourself. (Easier said that Done I know!) 

Ive just done my first cycle of Clomid so I’m trying to just go with the flow but it’s hard at times, and I have good days and bad days. Everybody’s journey is different. 
    Hi... so 4th cycle I mean since we've started trying I've got my AF three times so this is the 4th cycle....we visited the gynaec after my 3rd cycle to check If we need to start fertility treatments... we have been advised to wait atleast another 3 months before we do that 
    Plus my thyroid was high it took cycles to correct that with medication now my thyroid is well within limits... so we are hoping and praying
    How long have you'll been TTC?
  • SwithR said:
    Jane237 said:
    SwithR not everybody gets symptoms as it’s still so early so try not to put too much pressure on yourself. (Easier said that Done I know!) 

Hi... so 4th cycle I mean since we've started trying I've got my AF three times so this is the 4th cycle....we visited the gynaec after my 3rd cycle to check If we need to start fertility treatments... we have been advised to wait atleast another 3 months before we do that 
    Plus my thyroid was high it took cycles to correct that with medication now my thyroid is well within limits... so we are hoping and praying
    We’ve been trying for 12 months but I had blocked tubes and we obviously didn’t know. Since had them sorted 3 months ago. I asked for Clomid to hurry the process up and consultant was happy to prescribe. I’ve been given six months supply and if no success then, I can go back and look at other options. So now I’m fixed (body at least!🤣) this is our first month actively trying. 
    It could just be that you needed the meds for sort the thyroid and fingers crossed this is your month. 
  • Jane237 said:
    SwithR said:
    Jane237 said:

We’ve been trying for 12 months but I had blocked tubes and we obviously didn’t know. Since had them sorted 3 months ago. I asked for Clomid to hurry the process up and consultant was happy to prescribe. I’ve been given six months supply and if no success then, I can go back and look at other options. So now I’m fixed (body at least!🤣) this is our first month actively trying. 
    It could just be that you needed the meds for sort the thyroid and fingers crossed this is your month. 
    If you dont mind me asking how did you come to know your tubes were blocked? Was it tests or are there any other outwardly signs that can indicate like stuff related to your periods length etc
  • SwithR said:
    Jane237 said:
    SwithR said:
    Jane237 said:

If you dont mind me asking how did you come to know your tubes were blocked? Was it tests or are there any other outwardly signs that can indicate like stuff related to your periods length etc
    We just weren’t getting pregnant so I went private for some tests and discovered it then. NHS wanted to wait another 12 months which I wasn’t prepared to do. I had no inclination that there was a problem