Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

August 2ww (newbie)

Replies

• Jane237 said:
    Yes I did - I also used a CB digital which said negative. Did you get a positive result? 
    Yes I got a positive on all 3 tests
  • SwithR said:
    Hi ladies... even I am due for AF in less than a week (6days).. but i have had no symptoms... we've been TTC for 3 months now... this is my 4th cycle... I desperately want to see that BFP but have no visible symptoms. I am beginning to get depressed. 
    This is my third month of TTC. I don’t think it’s unusual for it to take a while. Even if timing is right the odds of it happening are fairly low! 

I wouldn’t be worrying about fertility issues just yet 😊
  • Laura_J said:
    SwithR said:
    Hi ladies... even I am due for AF in less than a week (6days).. but i have had no symptoms... we've been TTC for 3 months now... this is my 4th cycle... I desperately want to see that BFP but have no visible symptoms. I am beginning to get depressed. 
    This is my third month of TTC. I don’t think it’s unusual for it to take a while. Even if timing is right the odds of it happening are fairly low! 

I wouldn’t be worrying about fertility issues just yet 😊
    Thanks for the reassurance ... it helps 😁
  • Anytime, I think we all have those worries as women until we actually ‘know’ we can fall pregnant!

But even if there are underlying issues then (in most cases) there are options. My sister got pregnant on her second round of IVF and now has 4 year old twins! 
  • Jane237 said:
    SwithR said:
    Jane237 said:
    SwithR not everybody gets symptoms as it’s still so early so try not to put too much pressure on yourself. (Easier said that Done I know!) 
    3 months is a short time as well, when you say 4th cycle - what do you mean? 

Ive just done my first cycle of Clomid so I’m trying to just go with the flow but it’s hard at times, and I have good days and bad days. Everybody’s journey is different. 
    Hi... so 4th cycle I mean since we've started trying I've got my AF three times so this is the 4th cycle....we visited the gynaec after my 3rd cycle to check If we need to start fertility treatments... we have been advised to wait atleast another 3 months before we do that 
    Plus my thyroid was high it took cycles to correct that with medication now my thyroid is well within limits... so we are hoping and praying
    How long have you'll been TTC?
    We’ve been trying for 12 months but I had blocked tubes and we obviously didn’t know. Since had them sorted 3 months ago. I asked for Clomid to hurry the process up and consultant was happy to prescribe. I’ve been given six months supply and if no success then, I can go back and look at other options. So now I’m fixed (body at least!🤣) this is our first month actively trying. 
    It could just be that you needed the meds for sort the thyroid and fingers crossed this is your month. 
    Great they are taking you seriously! Just shows how far medicine as come. Keeping everything crossed for you, sounds like you have been on a bit of a journey. 
  • Hi ladies... good morning ... I woke up today in 10DPO with yellow discharge quite a lot of it... can it be anything or just another stupid yeast infection?
  • SwithR said:
    Hi ladies... good morning ... I woke up today in 10DPO with yellow discharge quite a lot of it... can it be anything or just another stupid yeast infection?
    Might be thrush sorry, I think discharge when you're pregnant is white 
  • lilly 2 said:
    SwithR said:
    Hi ladies... good morning ... I woke up today in 10DPO with yellow discharge quite a lot of it... can it be anything or just another stupid yeast infection?
    That's what I was worried about ... I am so disappointed... I am 10DPO and have no symptoms whatsoever.... don't know what we are doing wrong

• SwithR said:
    lilly 2 said:
    SwithR said:
    That's what I was worried about ... I am so disappointed... I am 10DPO and have no symptoms whatsoever.... don't know what we are doing wrong

From what I've read discharge isn't a reliable symptom for pregnancy so don't feel defeated just yet.  You never know you could still be pregnant, it's still early at the moment and a lot of people don't get any symptoms.  Everyone is different.
  • Hello Ladies, Want to join here as i am stepping into August Tww.

I am 32 years old now and TTC number 1.I have been trying for 16 month and last 3 months on clomid. This is my 3rd month of clomid and turned out to be a long cycle. I ideally ovulate at CD17 but this cycle ovulated on CD26 and CD27(Both gave very strong ovulation strip and solid smiley on clear blue. 
    So 2dpo today and AF due on 23rd Aug.
  • @SwithR - like MrsC says, I think we are all different. Loads of my friends who have had kids say they didn’t get any symptoms at all just just hang fire and don’t stress yourself out just yet! 

Welcome Kiara, getting a strong positive for ovulation is a good sign! Hope the Clomid works for you.... 
  • Hi!!! I am today 9DPO (day of ovulation only based on predictions on the app I use?). I have been having mild symptoms since about 5DPO but today and yesterday seem more noticeable but test this morning says negative!!? Is it too early to test? I am 6 days from my due period. Is it possible I am pregnant but the test can’t yer detect? I am going insane and starting to think I am just making it up in my head. Has anyone ever had a negative then within days, a positive? Can the levels change that quick? I used a clear blue digital test today. So no lines? What do you suggest? 😫  
  • Hi!!! I am today 9DPO (day of ovulation only based on predictions on the app I use?). I have been having mild symptoms since about 5DPO but today and yesterday seem more noticeable but test this morning says negative!!? Is it too early to test? I am 6 days from my due period. Is it possible I am pregnant but the test can’t yer detect? I am going insane and starting to think I am just making it up in my head. Has anyone ever had a negative then within days, a positive? Can the levels change that quick? I used a clear blue digital test today. So no lines? What do you suggest? 😫  
    Clear blue digital aren't very sensitive.  Try a first response early results test
  • I would say it’s quite early to pick up on anything 6 days before your missed period! They do advertise as being able to pick up on positive 6 days before but the % accuracy is low up until a day or two before.

if you can wait a few more days I would do to avoid unnecessary disappointment (and expense). I personally won’t be testing until at least the day after my period is ‘late’.
  • @babywinkworth i would also suggest to wait a bit for next test. Finger crossed for you. Sending baby dust.
  • Hello ladies how's everyone doing. I am 1dpo today and AF due on 23rd. Looking for a cycle buddy.
  • KiaraJ said:
    Hello ladies how's everyone doing. I am 1dpo today and AF due on 23rd. Looking for a cycle buddy.
    Today is going well for me, busy at work so no time for symptom spotting (probably a blessing). I am 5dpo so only a few days ahead of you and due AF on 18th/19th! How are you feeling? 
  • Eeeeekk I know! I need to wait! I just don’t understand all the symptoms but then the negative tests. Is it possible I have the dates slightly wrong and maybe there’s no implant happened yet! What a way to drive myself insane! 
  • KiaraJ said:
    Hello ladies how's everyone doing. I am 1dpo today and AF due on 23rd. Looking for a cycle buddy.
    Hi @KiaraJ I am only 2dpo so not much between us. happy to be cycle buddies if it suits :) 
  • Eeeeekk I know! I need to wait! I just don’t understand all the symptoms but then the negative tests. Is it possible I have the dates slightly wrong and maybe there’s no implant happened yet! What a way to drive myself insane! 
    Unfortunately for us ladies PMS and early pregnancy symptoms are pretty similar ( I know right, its like some cruel joke) which is why the only way to be certain is by testing after missed AF. Some doctors still wont do anything until you're nearly 8 weeks. 

I think because we all want it so much we second guess every little movement, twinge etc which sucks because probably the best thing we can all do for ourselves is just get on with life and give it time (I know pot/kettle lol, I already have a full stock of tests and I am only 2dpo). 

I just want you to try and relax about it all. There is literally nothing else we can all do that we are not doing, good luck with your journey. Hope I see your BFP soon xxx