Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hoping for a BFP in August 👶🏼- Part 2

Replies

• KiaraJ said:
    Hi ladies how is everyone doing?
    I am very confused right now and need some insight. 
    So according to my last 2 months with clomid i ovulated on CD17 and AF comes at CD32.
    But my this cycle is coming out very weird. i followed same routine for this cycle BD every other day and then on CD15,16,17,18,19 then again every other day and didnt checked ovulation strips. when i checked around CD17 and 18 i got low fertility circle on clear blue and when i took out the strip the second line was faint.

But near CD23 when i started getting bit more CM i casually checked on CD26 i got my clear blue gave solid smile. Today morning as well on CD27 clear blue gave solid smile and when i checked the strip the 2nd line was stronger than the C line. So i again BD CD25, 26 and today as well.
    But i am thinking does this mean my cycle is going to be long and if yesterday and today i got solid smile then maybe i will be 1dpo tomorrow.
    i am even not sure when should i expect my AF will it be on CD32 as always or now CD40 and also feeling that maybe i am out this cycle.
    Just freaking out right now.
    So yeah your cycle is going to be a longer one... You may ovulate early or late in the follicular phase (first half of the cycle) and there's nothing abnormal about that, but the luteal phase should always be consistent plus or minus a day or two. So if you can look back on your charts or apps and count the DPO till AF they should be consistent.
  • Thanks for the encouragement ladies! I don't know how I'd do without all of your support. I was just looking at posts in my ttc fb group and bumming myself out seeing all the ladies who got pregnant after just 1 or 2 cycles trying. I hate how hard this is. OH asked me if I wanted to keep trying since it hasn't been working and I'm always so bummed when I get AF. 
  • @PinkSnow410 I have to stop myself from looking at different threads because then I see SO many people posting tests that are positive and I get discouraged. I am definitely happy for all of the women who are getting positives, but it does bum you out when you are unsuccessful. I know I haven’t been trying long, but even trying for just 2 cycles has been exhausting. I am not going to give up though. I bought a BBT thermometer and Preseed for this round, so I am hopeful. I really hope you get your BFP this time around! I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you
  • @Rachel.a21 I really hope the preseed does the trick for you! I'm excited for you to start temping! After the learning curve, I really felt more intune with my body
  • Rachel.a21Rachel.a21 Regular
    edited Aug 10, 2019 10:03PM
    @PinkSnow410 Now I’m worried that I’m going to use preseed and find out through temping that I’m not even ovulating 😩 idk why I’m so paranoid. I ovulated on CD12 the past 2 cycles, so I was going to start using preseed on CD8 and every other day, but now I’m worried that since I had a longer cycle this past month that I will ovulate later, so I don’t want to waste preseed. Maybe I should use it starting on CD10 instead? My plan is to start BD every other day starting on CD8 and then every day for 2-3 days when I get a positive OPK. But then I don’t know if that’s using preseed too much or what lol I’m scared if I wait to use it when I get my positive OPK, it may still not work if that’s the only time I use it
  • HerestohopingHerestohoping Regular
    edited Aug 11, 2019 6:54AM
    Hey ladies I just have a query for those who temp if you don't mind. I'm 8dpo today and my temp has dropped to right on coverline this morning :( I know people talk about a one day drop which can in some cases be implantation but feeling that for me it's much likely not that case. Feel like it's on its way down now for af next week. Do you think that's too early? I'm due 18th Aug. 
  • Morning ladies, I tested again... And the first cheapy test shows a very very very faint line. I tested three other cheapy strip tests to see if the line came up there too and it didn't. Argh! Now I feel like it's probably just a faulty test or I'm definitely seeing things. 

AF due tomorrow so let's see what happens eh. 

• @Herestohoping I'm afraid it's impossible to say you have wait and see

@Emmy012 I hate those cheap tests, they like to have evap line, so I don't use them. You are not out until af , fingers crossed.

As for me I'm 12dpo my af is due on Monday or Wednesday, my temp started to drop. My hopes are slowly decreasing.
  • @MadDoda I got them as a back up because last month I spent a fortune on tests and refused to this time round! Yeah I'm not feeling too hopeful either but we're both not out until AF arrives! I've got my fingers crossed for you too x
  • Which is a good BBT thermometer to use? I am thinking to start tracking my temp cause OPKs dont work so well for me. If I can have recommendations pls. Plus any reading material I should be reading to know more.
  • @maddoda thank you I know you are right I'm just being impatient today lol. It's OK if it's decreasing, I have to be strong and keep trying.

Sorry that you have started to see your temp drop but as you say you are not out until af!! So try to switch off a little and just wait for af and I super hope it doesn't arrive!!! 
  • @Herestohoping I am due on the 18th too. It's so hard to wait it out, especially when you have the FRER tests. Really going to try to wait this cycle though. At least we're all in this together 
  • MadDodaMadDoda Regular
    edited Aug 11, 2019 9:38AM
    @SwithR you just need thermometer with 2 decimal places, either in Fahrenheit or Celsius. If you google basal body temperature tracking you will find everything you need to know. It's simple and helpful. 
    @Herestohoping thank you a lot, I'm in a terrible mood today, my son didn't want to sleep this morning since very early and I'm pissed. Hubby got up to play with him, but he is exhausted as he is overworked. I just couldn't dragged myself up and now we don't talk. I will apologise to him when I feel better. Thank god he is off tomorrow. This ttc stress is just wrong.
  • MadDoda said:
    @SwithR you just need thermometer with 2 decimal places, either in Fahrenheit or Celsius. If you google basal body temperature tracking you will find everything you need to know. It's simple and helpful. 
    Thanks a lot 
  • *Sunshine**Sunshine* Regular
    edited Aug 11, 2019 9:50AM
    I feel like a lot of us are in similar places in our cycle. According to my Ovia app I am due on 15th! But that is assuming a 28 day cycle when mine could be longer.  No symptoms other than mildly sore nipples. I am recording moods/symptoms in the app to try and help me determine what’s what month on month. Good luck to all of us 💕

• @SwithR I use femometer on Amazon. It syncs with Bluetooth to your phone so there's no writing anything down. You can wake up, temp and go back to sleep without moving much. 
    @Herestohoping a drop this early seems unusual for the pre af drop. Your temp will probably climb up again, but no way to know if it's implantation dip. Hoping it is tho!!

• Dani13 said:
    @Herestohoping I am due on the 18th too. It's so hard to wait it out, especially when you have the FRER tests. Really going to try to wait this cycle though. At least we're all in this together 
    I’m due on 16th and already fighting the urge to test 😂 
  • BFN for me.... I figured once I saw that temp drop it was over. Still low today. AF should be here soon.
  • @maddoda sorry to hear you're having a shitty day! I hope it gets better as the day goes. No wonder you're both stressed.. Ttc is tough never mind normal life on top of that. Hang in there you are strong :) and you know it.
     @Dani13 yes it's great to know you are at a similar place to others. We can track together and on those bad days it's such a relief to have you guys. I can get so emotional some days. I have to admit this cycle has been slightly better as I am less obsessed. I've made a conscious effort to stay busy and occupied as ttc can get so intense when you get your heart set on a bfp sometimes. I hope you are coping well!
    @PinkSnow410 thanks.. I hope you are right and it climbs back up.. If anything just so that I at least know I have a normal ovulation detection pattern on my chart. This cycle I really don't think it's happened so I was just thinking maybe it is going back down because I didn't ovulate or maybe period is just on its way. I will continue to be patient. I honestly want to just know that my body is capable of pregnancy and that it is working normally! Hope your are coping alright and staying positive xx
  • I used to be terrible for testing early. But I had a chemical where I got a faint positive for 3 days and then bfn and so I've learned that it's best for me to just not even know that if it happened again. I don't even want to test unless my af didn't come for like a week or 2. My af usually comes now and that's my answer. And it's cheaper! I realised its worse to see a faint positive.. Hey my hopes up and then lose it. Sorry that it sounds a bit rubbish but it's good to know others experiences! 
This discussion has been closed.