Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Un-explained Infertility?

- TTC for 20 months - 12 months tracking ovulation, BBT ect.

- I'm 29, partner is 33. He has two children from another relationship. I had a termination in teens. Both at perfect weight and generally look after ourselves re food, exercise, ect.

- Many scans/blood tests confirmed i ovulate every month, have a good egg reserve and have a good healthy system. Hycosy scan confirmed my tubes are clear and my uterus looked in good nic.

- We DTD every other day but around ovulation try to every day, i lie on my back for 15 minutes after

Partner is awaiting semen results but assuming that is fine i'm at a bit of a loss as to what the problem is. Do i have the dreaded 'un-explained infertility' diagnosis looming? 
If so what do i do? keep trying? IVF? 
:( x

Replies

• Options
    A former colleague of mine, had un-explained infertility. She has two sons by the way after being diagnosed with it - she swears by acupuncture as she had a series of sessions prior to falling pregnant with both her boys.
    Other than that, have you tried 'not trying?' I know it sounds silly, but as is often the case, when we become so focussed on getting pregnant and obsess, and do everything we're meant to do, often throwing the rules out the window and just relaxing, you read a lot about women getting their BFPs that way. 
  • Options
    @LoveMyGirlies thank you for your reply - how long had you friend been trying before she got her BFP?
    I hear so many stories of women 'not trying' and fall pregnant - in fact a lady i work with did the same thing - its just so hard to switch off from something so all consuming.
    i actually have my first acupuncture session in a couple of weeks! not something i would usually indulge in but i thought it was worth a shot :) thank you again x

• Options
    Hi Alice, she was trying for years but i can only remember it taking her up to 3 years for the second boy, unsure how long it took her for the first, but she deffo had acupuncture with both to conceive. 
    I lurk on this forum quite a bit, and it's so often the case that when women are going for IVF, they have that appointment booked for transfer, and so stop officially temping/trying/monitoring ovulation etc and they fall before the appointment comes round! I totally get it's so consuming, i really do, but maybe try and set yourself say a 4month period where you officially just have sex when you want to, not to take make a baby, if you know what i mean? Just enjoy yourselves, and try and take some pressure off x
  • Options
    @LoveMyGirlies i read that so many women fall pregnant that way, its just a scary thing to stop the obsession cold turkey! 
    After my partner has his specimen sample confirmed as A-OK we said we will wait until the beginning of next year to think about IVF so it will give us a good few months of 'trying to NOT try' ;) might be the best time.
    We haven't been able to 'try' this month as i had to be vaccinated for rubella and its been the first month i haven't felt the stress & its really made a difference to my mood. 
    Thank you so much for helpful advise :) x