Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Ovulation confusion

Hi all. Long post sorry I will try my best to explain. First month ttc baby no.2. I’ve been on the pill since I was 14 (now 26) and apart from the 9 months I was pregnant with my first, that was the only time I wasn’t on birth control. First day of my last period was 22/7/19 and lasted 5 days. I had a 28 day cycle as I was on the pill where you have 21 pills then a 7 day break to have a period. Started taking clear blue ovulation tests on on the 28/7/19 and got flashing smileys until 6th August where I got a static smiley indicating peak ovulation but I had no signs to show I was ovulating (not that I really knew what I should expect apart from what I read on google) and I did a basic one step dip ovulation test that was negative. We did the did anyway every second day almost from the 28th. I then continued to get flashing smileys after peak till 10th Aug which is where I decided to stop testing. However last night I had bad cramps (thought period was on way as I would of been due on 19th/20th Aug if it stayed as a 28day cycle) but they got so intense this morning and I had lightening crotch! I then went for a wee and had so much clear egg white discharge and my vagina looked a little swollen. Which from what I read were signs of ovulation so I took another clear blue test mid morning and it was a straight away static still smiley face indicating peak again? To be sure I used about 5 one step ovulation dip tests on different urine sample around lunch time today and all strong positives?? So would you say this cycle (first one off the pill my son is 4.5 years old) is a more around 35 days than 28 and today is more likely the correct ovulation day because of all the positives and symptoms? I’m very confused.