Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Faint lines after, evaps, and digital negatives

Hi all, 

I’m sure y’all have seen this question a hundred times, but I need to lay this out. 

So my fiancé and I are trying for about 3 months now. She’s 41, so time is seemingly of the essence. 

A few strange things happened this time around, that I want to run by you all. 

1. Uses STORK OTC this time around. It basically implants swimmers higher up than regular intercourse does. 

2. 3DPO, fiancé had a day of painful
cramps, a fever, and some of the worst constipation she’s ever had. Fever at 99.6, and fatigued all day. She must have slept 15 hours in a 24 hour period. 

3. Finally all that subsided the next day. Since, she’s had more than usual food cravings (she never really craves food..), pain during missionary intercourse, and has been snapping at me like she’s never snapped before 😂🧔🏻. Fine. I can handle it. 

Vivid dreams, no sore boobs. But that’s all preliminary to my questions. 

12DPO, we took a test. Negative. Until about 6 hours later when I looked at it, and it was discernibly blue (pic attached if possible). 

She discards it. I don’t. I work in biology/chemistry, and I know the only way colored lines show up, is if HCG is detectable. Likely - the stream continued overnight the test area, and low levels of HCG were detected over hours. 

Today, 13DPO, clear negative on a digital (I’m correct in concluding they have a higher HCG threshold right?)

So we’re looking at: HCG detected on non digital, but not enough on digital to render “pregnant.”

But.. I’ve also read some of the blue tests are notorious for dye issues? I can’t quite understand the chemical basis for that. 

So - direct question. Considering all of this, what have your experiences been similar to mine?

Anyone with a pretty identical situation? What was the eventual outcome?

thank. - and sorry if this template has been asked before. 

Replies

• I don't think she's pregnant sorry. A blue dye test will turn positive after a few hours but there's all ways next month!
  • lilly 2 said:
    I don't think she's pregnant sorry. A blue dye test will turn positive after a few hours but there's all ways next month!
    Time will tell. Thanks for your comment. I’m not convinced it’s negative quite yet. I just can’t shed my knowledge of chemistry. Test portion should only turn colored if in contact with HCG. This stuff is cut and dry. I will update this thread regardless though. 
  • The image - which didn’t post on first post. 
  • lilly 2 said:
    I don't think she's pregnant sorry. A blue dye test will turn positive after a few hours but there's all ways next month!
    Time will tell. Thanks for your comment. I’m not convinced it’s negative quite yet. I just can’t shed my knowledge of chemistry. Test portion should only turn colored if in contact with HCG. This stuff is cut and dry. I will update this thread regardless though. 
    Also.. “will turn positive?” Define will (certainly??) turn positive. And what is the basis for your contention? Your experience? Others you’ve read? Can you be super specific? 
  • Just from experience they don't always but sometimes do :)
  • edited Aug 13, 2019 11:22PM
    lilly 2 said:
    Just from experience they don't always but sometimes do :)
    Ok. Gotcha. I’ve seen dye problems with them. Trying to figure it out. Thx !