Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Ovulation Test Strips - Part 15

Replies

• @EmJ3 I used to manage an SEN department in a college before I left teaching and went into the charity sector.  Well done you for sticking with it, I had to come out of teaching as it took its toll on my mental health.  I guess having an ASD teenager and battling my own undiagnosed at the time adhd/ASD didn’t help. 

@Louise 111 Is your boy statemented?  They refused with eldest despite the fact he was supported 121 by a TA on a reduced timetable - you have to just keep fighting and fighting for your children unfortunately.  The councils are so poor they fail our children unfortunately 😢

I know it’s very different to detect in girls then boys, she has been a bit late with her milestones, but not massively. I think I will just watch and wait.  We haven’t seen a HV since her 1 year check, where she was 9 months old.  Language development is a bit odd, but it’s hard to know if that’s just a toddler development or if she has got some difficulties ie she says George for her Pepper Pig palydough, she says ta when she wants to give you something, she doesn’t play with things how she should.  But it’s all quite small stuff......
  • @MrsFish you’re so right about the children being failed- bloody government took all the funding away for sen a few years ago and everything is a fight. It’s pretty hard to get a child statemented now so they have 121. It’s ridiculous that everything boils down to money! Really annoys me. 
    Xxx
  • Would you call this a positive OPK? CD13
  • Yes I would! Good luck.xx
  • Ladies, I’ve got myself into a right state- had mid cycle spotting last week, 2 days of brown spotting and never had it before and got smear today but I’m actually petrified that the result will be bad. I know I’m a worrier but my anxiety seems to have got the better of me today.xxxx
  • How many dpo are you? Could be implantation related! Fingers crossed it’s a good sign.
  • Emj I wouldn’t have thought that midcycle brown spotting should be a worry smear wise. Admittedly, I’m not an expert but I would’ve thought that would just be something with your cycle being a bit off. Is there a chance you could be pregnant or is that not in the equation?  Ask your nurse at the smear appointment this afternoon. At least you have the appointment so hopefully in the very near future your mind will be put at rest. Your anxiety is probably just high because you have the smear in your mind and normally in any other cycle you wouldn’t even worry.
  •  I think I might be ovulating. I had a bit of EWCM  the  last day or so. I took an ovulation test yesterday and it did look positive but of course as I haven’t taken any since I miscarried I don’t know whether there is still HCG in my system. My immediate urge was to DTD  but then I thought I can’t because I know even if I did conceive it would end in tears like this time. I managed to stop myself yesterday but I keep thinking in my head shall I get hubby to do it tonight. But I’m really trying to resist the urge. 
  •  Sorry Mrs Fish I didn’t see your post. Yes my son has a statement but has unfortunately been given a school we don’t want. Did Amelie  not see the health visitor for a two-year check? I thought they saw everybody at two years ?
  • @Louise 111 thanks!!! The nurse was great when I burst out crying!!!🙈🙈🙈 we’ve been pretty careful so highly doubt I’m pregnant! She said the spotting was probably due to irregular periods after matilda and probably nothing to worry about. Said everything looked fine but obviously They can’t see low grade changes. Fingers crossed. 

Have you talked about ttc again??? If you want to, I would bd tonight!!! There’s no reason why the next pregnancy would be the same. It took me 3 pregnancies to get Matilda!!xxxx
  • I really hope you’re feeling a little less anxious now emj xx 
  • Thanks @Louise 111. My anxiety just got the better of me today- I usually manage it pretty well but I just struggled today. I’m just a worrier. I worry about everything! It’s so much worse since I lost Jacob. I did use to worry before him but nowhere near as bad. 
    Have you decided about bding/ttc or are you just seeing what happens? There’s something nice about no stress but I know you want another baby.xxx
  • I’m not surprised your anxiety levels have gone up with what you’ve been through. I’m quite lucky and don’t really suffer with anxiety but my brother does. It must be hard as life is stressful enough as it is. 
    Weve not discussed ttc again and hubby would prob prefer to not go through the stress again but I know he’s desperate to DTD after having not done it for a while so maybe I should take advantage of that. I think ov day may have been yesterday so too late but that’s prob for the best. The urge to conceive is such a nightmare. I don’t see why I can’t just shake it off. Hubby not back from work till 10.30 though then he’ll want tea and time to relax and i think I’ll be asleep by the time he’s ready! 
  • @Louise 111 when you want a baby the urge to conceive is really full on isn’t it. I was actually a bit psycho with it. One morning I told hubby I wanted a divorce because I got a smiley on my cb digital and he had to go to work. Funny thing is at that moment I really thought he was being unreasonable meant it.🙈🙈🙈 needless to say, my desperation was not a turn on! Haha!!! My hubby was so much happier oblivious to ovulation etc- it was too much for him! 

Maybe just keep an eye on ovulation yourself and keep bding?

my anxiety is weird- I don’t get it at work. I’m obviously not good with having more time on my hands to worry. The busier I am, the easier things are for me.xxx
  • Lol that made me laugh emj. And I can totally understand how you would have felt. It’s madness isn’t it? Yes they are definitely better when they aren’t aware. I’ll see what happens tonight . I’m telling myself I’m not bothered but I know I’ll be trying desperately to entice him without looking obvious 😫
    Hooefully your anxiety will improve then when you’re back at work although the added stress of work may not help. It’s a vicious circle ! 
  • @Louise 111 did you entice hubbie in the end? 

@EmJ3 did you get to the bottom of your spotting? 

Once again I have no AF, so I am defo starting to think I am firmly in menopause- I feel so mad and sad about it.  There are many women 10+ years older still having regular cycles.... not a lot I can do about it but just accept it’s not gonna happen for me now......At least I have Am’s my beautiful miracle who made it :-) 
  • @MrsFish oh no- is there a test you can have at the doctors to check? Would you want to check it? 

I had my smear last week and mentioned it. The nurse said she wouldn’t worry about it. We’ll just have to see I suppose. My cycles aren’t back to normal after Matilda either so that doesn’t help! 
    Xxxx
  • @EmJ3 they did test before - one of them came back indicating menopause, the second time they retested was 2 days before AF finally showed up (over 120 days) and it came back normal - which is no surprise as my hormones were as they should be at that time.  I have been referred for Gynae - it’s a 27 weeks wait in my area!!  They only sent me to recurrent miscarriage too, high I don’t think is right tbh......obv I got that, but I think there are better areas to send me to......
  • Sorry Mrs fish only just seen your message. Yes I did entice him that night but think I ov’d the day before so don’t think it will come to anything x 
    How old are you Mrs fish if you don’t mind me asking? Have your cycles always been irregular or is it more of a recent thing? 
  • I’m just 41 😭
    when I was trying for Amelie I was on a 23 day cycle - so that was 3-4 years ago at 37.  Apparently a short cycle is the start.  I missed my first cycles when Amelie was around 6 months old, so 18 months ago, I went around 4 months without a period, but as I was breast feeding the gp put it down to that.  My cycle returned once I stopped breast feeding.  But I don’t think I OV’d most months as I can feel it when I do.....
    when I did Ov I caught again, but that ended up in the most recent loss, which actually was around 6 months ago now.  Since then (August) I have only had 1 AF! I think I have another one coming tho as I have really painful joints which seems to be a sign for me.  I had bright red spotting yesterday for 1 toilet visit, but nothing since, I wonder if I have had a micro period 🤷‍♀️ I hate this, I just haven’t got a clue what is going on with my body, I know I am young to be this advanced in menopause- I have friends in their late 40’s having no symptoms at all!!