Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Disappointment after August tww

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but been ttc first baby for around 6 months. Had some spotting yesterday which I was hoping (probably unrealistically!) that it could have just been implantation bleeding. But of course got a visit for AF last night! Feeling very sad and disappointed and just wondering if anyone is in the same boat at the moment?  :'(

Xx

Replies

• Hi 

I know I replied on the thread yesterday, but just wanted to reply here and say I hope it's your month next month. It's very frustrating when af arrives and you don't want it to.  Have you been charting your temps? That's what helped me get pregnant in the past, so I'm trying it from now. Took my first temp this morning. 

Xx
  • HI dubchick,

Thank you for your reply. I haven't been charting my temps so far, but it you would recommend it that I will definitely invest in a themometer. Do you find this more accurate than the OPK? Xx
  • I started temping this cycle as well. I have been using OPKs every month, but I know the temp is more accurate. This is my third cycle TTC and I’m currently on CD11
  • Thanks Rachel.a21,  that's good to know. I will definitely give it a go! X
  • You’re welcome! I’m hoping the temping will help me better pinpoint ovulation this month 
  • Hi.... my TWW in August ended with disappointment as well ... I am on CD 4... TTC for 4 months.... haven't tempted in the past but thinking to now. ... DH gets his swimmers tested in 2 days so that we can tick that off. We try to BD every other day from CD8 to CD18... hasn't worked as yet... but fingers crossed.
  • You’re welcome! I’m hoping the temping will help me better pinpoint ovulation this month 
    Good luck! X
  • Hi SwithR.
    Sorry to heat about your disappointment too. Fingers crossed for us both for next month! X
  • @SwithR Fingers crossed for you! DH and I have been BD every 2 days since the last day of my period. I know people say every other day, but I’m hoping every 2 days is still ok too. Today I’m CD12 and my OPK was pretty dark yesterday, so I’m thinking it will be it’s darkest today. If I get a positive, we will BD the day of positive and the next 2-3 days after