Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone TTC September?

Replies

• @x-Alice-x We BD 5 times within my fertile window including day of ovulation, so I’m hoping! I don’t know if preseed worked yet, but I did like it! I definitely feel like it would help sperm swim where they need to. I’ll keep you updated when I test. It took one time to conceive my first. He was conceiving unexpectedly the first time my husband and I ever had sex together. I know, it’s annoying when that happens to people lol but now I’m dealing with actually trying and it’s sooo different. Also for preseed, it says to use 3-4 of the tube size... DON’T! That’s way too much. I used anywhere from 1-2 and that was more than enough and was very slippery during sex
    I'm so intrigued to use it!...i do hear such amazing success stories so hopefully it will help...thank you for the tip on the amount to use. So just to be clear you suggest using half of the tube? I don't want to have to change the sheets twice a day!
    i did actually once conceive when i was on the contraceptive pill! I was 19yo so it did end in a termination (regretfully) but i know it can happen, its just when....just frustrating that's its almost 2 years down the line! i'm just trying to remain positive.
    Have you been on contraception for a while? i know that can delay fertility slightly while your body adjusts...this might just be your month! your so young and its still early :) x
  • SwithR said:
    I am on CD 13 (as per Flo no OPKs)... So BD is on in full swing...started the medication last night.... it's a 3 month course
    My sister in law tried for around 2 years before opting for IVF. 
    My other sister also tried for around 15 months before conceiving naturally with her first baby (now 2 years) and much to her surprise she fell pregnant again unplanned few months ago
    Yes even we are giving ourselves till the end of the year before looking at IUI and IVF
    OK so i remember you said you BD every other day over 10 days around ovulation? so you are getting VERY busy at the moment then.
    i feel i cant miss a day as i'm sooo worried ill miss my window :( the months are so long at this point.
    Its VERY reassuring to hear stories such as your sister's. I'm starting to think IVF might be my path - i just want to make sure I've explored every other option first.
    Have  you started to look for clinics yet? will you go abroad or local? x
  • @x-Alice-x

We are due to ovulate around the same time then! My app says my fertile window is 4th - 9th sept. Weve been bd'ing every other day since I finished AF and are going to do that up until AF comes. 😂 I dont trust myself to do these ovulation sticks properly so not risking it. 
  • x-Alice-x said:
    SwithR said:
    I am on CD 13 (as per Flo no OPKs)... So BD is on in full swing...started the medication last night.... it's a 3 month course
    My sister in law tried for around 2 years before opting for IVF. 
    My other sister also tried for around 15 months before conceiving naturally with her first baby (now 2 years) and much to her surprise she fell pregnant again unplanned few months ago
    Yes even we are giving ourselves till the end of the year before looking at IUI and IVF
    OK so i remember you said you BD every other day over 10 days around ovulation? so you are getting VERY busy at the moment then.
    i feel i cant miss a day as i'm sooo worried ill miss my window :( the months are so long at this point.
    Its VERY reassuring to hear stories such as your sister's. I'm starting to think IVF might be my path - i just want to make sure I've explored every other option first.
    Have  you started to look for clinics yet? will you go abroad or local? x
    Yes though so close to my ovulation date I thought we should BD every day for atleast 3 days but DH says that the doc says that reduces sperm quality so I should just chill it a bit.... ya I'll be starting my TWW in a few days so I can just sense that long wait coming up but I somewhere feel with all the medications we have started our bodies might take time to adjust so trying to ready myself for that
    IVF would be our last option as well. I stay in India and we have pretty good private IVF clinics here so wouldn't need to venture out of the country.
  • KiaraJ said:
    Hello ladies, You mind if i join?
    This month will be 16th month of TTC and got my AF on 24th aug so definitely out of August and entering TTC Sept. Just finished 3 rounds of clomid 50 mg with no success.
    Now waiting for hyfosy scan.

Hyfosy scan is schedule on 11sept so no BD until then. Today on CD 4 and will start BDing from 12th. Really hoping to conceive in sept. Right now on 3 times clomid and seven sees pre-vitamins and will use pre-seed this month. 
    Hi! nice to meet you!  :) AF arrived on Saturday for me too! just coming off now.
    16th month is not too far behind me, Calculated this will be my 21st month of TTC now...how are you feeling? is this your first time ttc?
    What is a Hyfosy scan? I've had a a 'HyCosy' scan recently where a dye was passed through my tubes & uterus to check for damage, blockages and debris...is that the same thing?
    Can i ask also why you have been prescribed clomid?
    xx

• So many trying Pre-seed this month!! there must be something to this stuff! lets all hope ladies! x
  • I'm going to join the September Pre-seed train and go and buy some! I fished ours out of the cupboard from when we was trying last year but it ran out of date March 19 and I don't trust that now haha.  :D
  • @x-Alice-x Yes, definitely just use half of it or it’s crazy and too slippery lol I was on BC for almost 8 years and came off of it on June 9th. My OB said you are fertile the day you stop the pill, the only thing that takes 3 months is for your cycles to be the same amount of days again, so I’m hoping!
  • @beautyandthebump Yea its not the sort of thing i would risk!! :D
    may as well try everything hey! i'm thinking of DTD every day from now this month! - i have heard that lowers sperm quality but the OH's SA came back with flying colors so hopefully wont make much difference....i'm really going to go for it this month.....BD every day, lie down for 20 mins after, pre-seed, vits, no drink or caffeine...ect ect...

Any other suggestions are welcome!

i'm really hoping we get some BFP on this thread!!
  • @Rachel.a21 oh i see...its still fairly early and you are young! Try to have fun with it!
    when we first started TTC i would think of names, how i would announce and all the lovely things that come with pregnancy....it was only after a year that i started to worry a little. I have a feeling this will be your month! :)
    x
  • @x-Alice-x I have done the same!! We already know how we want to announce and everything lol I’m trying to not get my hopes up
  • x-Alice-x said:
    KiaraJ said:
    Hello ladies, You mind if i join?
    This month will be 16th month of TTC and got my AF on 24th aug so definitely out of August and entering TTC Sept. Just finished 3 rounds of clomid 50 mg with no success.
    Now waiting for hyfosy scan.

Hyfosy scan is schedule on 11sept so no BD until then. Today on CD 4 and will start BDing from 12th. Really hoping to conceive in sept. Right now on 3 times clomid and seven sees pre-vitamins and will use pre-seed this month. 
    Hi! nice to meet you!  :) AF arrived on Saturday for me too! just coming off now.
    16th month is not too far behind me, Calculated this will be my 21st month of TTC now...how are you feeling? is this your first time ttc?
    What is a Hyfosy scan? I've had a a 'HyCosy' scan recently where a dye was passed through my tubes & uterus to check for damage, blockages and debris...is that the same thing?
    Can i ask also why you have been prescribed clomid?
    xx

I think the same Hycosy. For me it's on 11th this month.
    I have pcos since 2012 but that time not trying. So was on birth control pill on and off. My AF doesn't come without any medication. so when we decided last year to conceive i was put on duphaston which was an estrogen medication (prescribed in India). Then when nothing happened after 6 months we convinced doctor in UK that we are trying for 18 months now. So first due to pcos gp put me on Metformin and later when i was preferred to fertility clinic as my husband SA was great, they prescribed clomid for 3 cycle. 
    My first cycle was monitored(in May this year) and my 21 progesterone was good 70 level and had a 16mm follicle as well. But these three cycle didn't gave me any success. So i will say i am TTC since November last year, time when my cycles actually regulated and TTC on clomid since May.
  • x-Alice-x said:
    @beautyandthebump Yea its not the sort of thing i would risk!! :D
    may as well try everything hey! i'm thinking of DTD every day from now this month! - i have heard that lowers sperm quality but the OH's SA came back with flying colors so hopefully wont make much difference....i'm really going to go for it this month.....BD every day, lie down for 20 mins after, pre-seed, vits, no drink or caffeine...ect ect...

i too followed all these in my last cycle but nothing happened. I have noticed lots of sperms come out of my vagina when he finishes. So i always think that it's not going inside. i sometimes feels that my tube is blocked but i will get to know that on 11th sept so bit relaxed. But i do have a question about lie down after DTD. Do we need to lie on our back or on left side?
  • @x-Alice-x I have done the same!! We already know how we want to announce and everything lol I’m trying to not get my hopes up
    Its very hard not to isn't it? - for me its almost 2 years later, lots of disappointment and upset but i still manage to wind myself up every month, like its the first :(
    The TWW is the worst. i wish there was a way of just knowing straight after DTD! 
    So far this year I've had, two work colleagues, my best friend & my sister announce as well...i'm very happy for everyone, just sad for me. x

I'm also going to try fertility acupuncture for the first time this month...its not really something i would normally do and i am skeptical but i thought it was worth a shot! Has anyone else tried this? any success stories?
  • KiaraJ said:
    x-Alice-x said:
    @beautyandthebump Yea its not the sort of thing i would risk!! :D

i too followed all these in my last cycle but nothing happened. I have noticed lots of sperms come out of my vagina when he finishes. So i always think that it's not going inside. i sometimes feels that my tube is blocked but i will get to know that on 11th sept so bit relaxed. But i do have a question about lie down after DTD. Do we need to lie on our back or on left side?
    Wow you have really been on a journey so far. You've really put in the work and investigation into why you haven't conceived yet and i'm sure this will all pay off for you. So you only get prescribed 3 months worth of clomid? forgive me - does PCOS result in lack of ovulation?
    Do you have any cycles left on clomid?

The dye scan will show you more and you will get answers on the same day - at least i did. Please let me know how it goes and ive got all fingers crossed that everything looks good!

There is conflicting evidence on whether lying down after intercourse does actually improve your chances, i just think it makes sense really, so i do! I have'nt heard anything about lying on your left. Maybe try Pre-seed, the fertility lube and lie down for 20 mins after DTD to allow the sperm to work its way up? x
  • i was prescribed only 3 cycle clomid but i do have 3 cycles more at home. They also told me that one can go for 12 cycles of clomid but as per now they prescribed me only so i am taking as per advice. After hycosy maybe they will review my tests again and will discuss the next steps.
    I did try pre-seed this time. Will try my next cycle as well.
  • Who can relate?!  ;) baby dust for everyone this evening! 
  • @x-Alice-x I wish you could know instantly too. It would make TTC a little bit easier to handle if I knew right after I ovulated if I would get pregnant that cycle or not. The waiting is miserable!!
  • I'm currently on CD 6...Between what CD's would everyone suggest BD'ing every day (or every other day)? x
  • @x-Alice-x I started BD every two days on CD8, then moved to every other day when I was near my window