Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Words of wisdom and advice?

I wasnt sure exactly which category to put this in so hopefully this is okay. I want advice or words of wisdom as to when you thought it was the write time to start trying for a baby. My husband and i have been married almost 2 and a half years now and he always tells me whenever i am ready we can start trying. How do i know if i am ready? I want a baby so bad i really do but i am also very scared. I know babies are very expensive, i have been on birth control for 5 years and if i stop how long does it take to get out of my system. My also big thing is i am a smoker. I actually quit about 2 years ago after i got married in preparation for a baby but through out the year i quit i had severe panic attacks that actually eneded me up in the hospital because i thought i was dying. Since i do have depression and anxiety i started smoking at a young age it to me helps with my anxiety so with that after everything i started smoking again and since than i havent had any panic attacks. So with all that i dont know how o will know when im ready i want a baby so bad that i have cried to my husband but im also so scared. Please any advice thanks!!

Replies

• Your birth control (if you take the pill) is out of your system the day you stop taking it. You will need to use OPKs though because your cycles will take a couple months to regulate. If you want a baby now and your husband does, I would say start now because it can take up to a year (or more) to get pregnant. It’s always scary, but once your baby is in your arms, all that fear goes away. 
  • The first thing you are to do is, of course, quitting smoking completely because as you know it affects both your health and health of your future child. If you have some problems with this, you can try to switch to vapes, they are less harmful and addictive. I usually order from https://vapingdaily.com/
    Then it is very important to eat clean as your babe gets all the nutrients from you. And of course, I think you should seek help from some professional psychologist because your mental health is on top of everything.