Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

S.O help/trouble

I'm 24, he's 26. We have been together for 7 years, never broke up. Lived together for 6 years. I want a baby now. Hes afraid still. I have PCOS and told him it might be awhile before we conceive because of my condition. We havent used protection in 5 years only pull out method. Any tips on convincing him? He would be a great dad. He has an amazing job and I have a great job working from home as Technical Support. So I'm not sure why he's so afraid. Any input would be awesome. Thank you. 

Replies

• @Stargazer095 I think that all guys get overwhelmed when their partners start talking about having babies.  For one, their GF/Wife isn't just theirs anymore they have to share the attention. Also they automatically think about the responsibility.  I would recommend sitting down and having an honest conversation with him and hearing him out. 
  • Having a child together is a major commitment and sometimes the security of being married gives you both the “we’re in this together no matter what” feeling. 

Everyone is different and if you prefer not to get married I respect your decision. But maybe try being around people with kids a little bit and let him feel used to being around babies and compliment him on how good he is with them