Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

1 week late, negative test

Hello, I feel like I’m going mad and not sure who to talk to so would see who is out there! My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 6 months, I’ve been off the pill for 1 year. I’ve  been tracking everything on an app and my cycle is 32-36 days, usually the shorter. I’m currently on day 40 and have had 2 negatives tests (one home and one doctors). The doctor said to wait another week then test again. Is it possible I’m pregnant? The app hasn’t given up on me and said it won’t predict anything until I have a period or a positive test :/ 

Replies

• 👋 hey. I’ve just come across this forum, with driving my self mental over periods! Looks like you may be in the same situation! 
  • Hey Kmoz- when did you take the HPT? Do you feel any pregnancy symptoms?
  • I took the home one yesterday (day 39) and went to the doctors today. My boobs are huge and sore and I have achey hips. 
  • Lewis89, what’s going on with you? :)
  • And was the doctor a quantitative blood test? As in, did it measure exact HCG levels?
  • Doctors was a urine sample
  • See if you can do a blood sample which detects the exact level and is wayyy more sensitive!
  • How did things go with you?

i am now on day 42 of my cycle and no AF yet! I’ve taken one pregnancy test the week my AF was due but it was negative. I am now two weeks over due and nothing...

ive had bleeding gums, achy sore boobs (like never before), waking up early in the morning, feeling hot especially at night, nausea which comes and goes and sometimes none at all and awful back ache lower down near my tail bone. 

Any news or advise would help a lot?

x
  • I’m still in limbo! Currently on day 64, negative urine and bloods still. I have so many symptoms still not AF, had a blood test this morning for all sorts all sorts hormones. Next step after that will be ultrasound to check everything out. 

I would suggest going the doctors to get a blood test as they are more sensitive. Fingers crosses for you! 
  • I think I’m going to wait until Monday that way if a pregnancy test comes back negative again I can rule out the dates I think I could have conceived on as it would have been 21 days after each of those dates. And then will re book into the doctors again. 

I feel so crap just wish I could have a period or pregnancy but being in limbo is awful.

what symptoms have you had?

x
  • Yeah I feel the same! Not having a period was made it really hard to tack ovulation, my app has given up on me! 

I’m very spotty, sore breasts and lower back pain and ofcourse no period. Could well be hormone imbalance so that’s what my blood test yesterday was for. What about you?
  • Well I have news Aunt Flo arrived last night/thismorning and it’s heavier than usual :( 

i hope you get some news soon! 

X
  • Thank you! Fingers crossed for your next cycle xx