Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Missed period - 3 days brown discharge

Hiya,

This is my first post so not sure on the short term terminology lol!

I stopped the pill in May had my implantation bleed 2-3 weeks later, normal period 28 days later, then a second normal period 21 days later. Basing myself on a 28 day cycle I should have been due on the 29/08/2019.

I started with light brown discharge small amount on the 28th. Still hasn’t developed into a bleed. Very slight cramps. Normally severe period pain. I thought this might be implantation however...

Ive taken two tests and both are negative 👎🏼 

what does everyone think? 

Thanks x 

Replies

• Options
    I’m in a similar situation. I stopped my pill 4 weeks ago.On Monday then I was getting slight cramp and headaches and then Tuesday had a light pink bleed which then turned brown and stopped yesterday. My cycles were regular before I went on the pill before I had my son. Since then I’ve been on the progesterone only pill in place of the mini pill. 
    I counted back 14 days and it falls in line with a day hubby and I did the deed. I might have to wait a couple more days to take a test. But I’m not sure if this is a withdrawal bleed or implantation. 

Why is nothing ever easy when it comes to pregnancy? 
    When did you take your test? 
  • Options
    Bit of info when I took the pill. I took it for a good few months then stopped because of the side effects I was getting. I had one maybe two periods after stopping them, then8 weeks of nothing. All pregnancy test were negative, really bad cramps and spotting here and there so just dismissed as body getting back to normal. I had to go Dr's as I wasn't feeling great and felt I needed my depression tablets. Doctor did a test It was positive. Went for a scan 3-4 weeks later and found out I was 12 weeks at that point. Similarly thing also happened to my sister 
  • Options
    It’s so difficult to know what’s what isn’t it lol. 

I thought this time would be the time, especially with no coming on my period. 

Took one 2 days ago and one today both negative and I’m effectively 3 days late. 

Thats interesting that all your tests were negative did your gp say why this was?

thanks both :-) x  
  • Options
    I didn't get my BFP with my son until AF was 5 days late. I would test again in a couple of days. And I took 2 tests at 4 days late and not even a faint line! But I was very much pregnant.
  • Options
    Thanks Rachel will keep fingers crossed! Gives me some hope lol x 
  • Options
    6 days late my period arrived... sooo disappointed.

Heres hoping for a BFP next month! 

• Options
    Fingers crossed for next month ems201994
    I tested yesterday and still bfn but no af since the small bleed last week 🤔 not sure what’s going on 
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for you it’s not over yet! :-) 

Do you keep track of ovulation with tests etc? I’m thinking of doing that this month.
  • Options
    No I haven’t been. When we started trying for my son I had an app and I tracked my periods through that. And I found i ovulated with in about 5 days after my period. So I figured that it would be the same now but I’m not sure since the pill can mess things up. 
  • Options
    Yeah I’ve been tracking on an app but after three months of tracking with that and no luck I’m thinking if the ovulation tests. 

The pill definitely messed things up my first cycle was 21 then 28 and now 34.
  • Options
    I wish someone had told me that before I decided to take it. I think I would have opted for natural cycles in place. I was on a different pill before my son and it took 3 months before I felt pregnant. And then the following month I caught again Following my miscarriage. 
    the waiting is just frustrating. Hi n the mean time hubby and I are enjoying my new found libido 😂 and the freedom of not worrying about an unplanned pregnancy 
  • Options
    Yes me too, they don’t tell you any of this! 

I was on loestrin which is a combined pill. 

Haha absolutely I think pill definitely lowers your libido! 😂