Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How do you stay positive?

Alright girls me and my husband just seriously started TTC with daily ovulation tests (because I have irregular cycles) it's been 9 days since OD and no sign of aunt flow aside from sore breasts which can b a sign of pregnancy.....so far so good right...but after do many negative pregnancy tests over the past 2 years my husband n I just expect it's gonna be a negative PT....how are you supposed to stay so positive?

Replies

• You don’t always. But you keep trying to be positive. It’s a really hard journey but by focusing on other things- nights out, meals out together, family things etc- it helps to take your mind off trying to be pregnant. It sounds like you’re in a great relationship so try to enjoy that and fingers crossed the pink line will appear very soon.xxx
  • Sending you lots of baby dust!!!xxx
  • Thanks emj3 I appreciate it.....I just feel like I'm getting in this rut where all I think about is y other ppl have kids but I don't n it makes me sad n depressed
  • I was obsessed last year after I lost my little boy at 20 weeks pregnant. I couldn’t think of anything else other than getting pregnant again. The doctor told me to take a couple of months off ttc and it was the best thing I could’ve done. Even though I cried for about 3 days and hated him!!! Haha. I found taking the pressure off helped me but that’s not necessarily for everyone. I was waaay too stressed though and it wasn’t helping my relationship. 

I font know if this helps but I upped my exercise a bit, eat well, took vitamins and ate almonds and Brazil nuts as I’d read they helped! I now have a gorgeous 4 week old baby girl and everything was worth it. It will happen for you- you will get your baby if you don’t give up!xxx
  • I don't plan on giving up lol and congrats....I'm trying to stay positive bc if I don't my husband gets mad..... How long did it take u to conceive after u started trying again