Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Too early for implantation??

I need advice or some input ....Google isnt cutting it anymore, Haha! 

I don't if I'm experiencing early pregnancy symptoms or if I'm getting early PMS symptoms.

We did the deed the day before AF started on Aug 26-30 (followed by 3 or so days of old blood discharge), but it was quite lighter compared to my other cycles. It's also good to mention I had AF on Aug 2nd as well.. 

My hubby and I BD'd on Saturday (Sep 7) -- then 2 days after (on Sep 9) I had spotting that was pink with a little bit of light brown when I wiped. I've spotted light brown atleast once a day since, and then last night I had cramps that felt like PMS cramps, but also random twinges/pinching here and there (never had this pinching feeling before, but it was kind of painful). I've also been super fatigue since my AF ended at the end of Aug, and I have been feeling nauseous randomly throughout the day but doesntlast long, along with having the sniffles.

I think it would be too early to be implantation because according to my app, I just ovulated on the weekend when we BD'd ON sep 7th. I've taken the HCG strip tests which of course are negative, which with the timeline I expected it to be negative.

Aunt flow isn't due for another 1.5 or 2 weeks. 

Has anyone else experienced this?  Although highly unlikely, but I was thinking when we BD'd on Aug 25th, maybe the sperm made its way to the egg when I ovulated after AF??  And what I am experiencing now is implantation symptoms? So confused....

Replies

• Options
    Sperm only lives for up to 5 days, so sperm from August 25th wouldn’t still be there if you ovulated on September 7th
  • Options
    Also if you ovulated on September 7th, you wouldn’t have implantation yet at 3-4dpo. Do you use OPK or BBT to actually know when you ovulated?
  • Options
    It's most likely ovulation symptoms u are experiencing. Egg doesn't impact earlier than 6dpo usually and can happen even at 12dpo. That's why there is no point to test until period date. The pms symptoms start as soon as progesterone starts rising after ovulation. So it can be quite fast. The sore boob's thing everyone talks about is also due to progesterone. 
  • Options
    @Rachel.a21 maybe you could share your experience? Like what symptoms you had and what was different in your last cycle? Just very interested ;)
  • Options
    @Latte96 my only symptoms were pressure in my uterus at 13dpo and then cramping at 14dpo
  • Options
    @Latte96 my only symptoms were pressure in my uterus at 13dpo and then cramping at 14dpo
    So no nausea, tiredness or any other stuff what we class as early pregnancy symptoms... interesting. And good to know. Thanks for sharing x 
  • Options
    You’re welcome! But nope, everything else felt normal 
  • Options

So I took my first ovulation test. According to the app when it's scanned in, it's "high"???

Has anyone else experienced brown spotting before and after ovulation?  I've been spotting since Monday and today is now Day 5 of light spotting when I wipe...
  • Options
    It's going to scan it as high until you put the next one in. You have to continue to put the OPKs in daily to get the accurate reading