Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hoping for a BFP in September - Part 2

Replies

• @MadDoda thank you, starting to think OPKs cause more stress. Keep thinking about you, hopefully you’ll get a bfp in the next few days 
  • @VRob123 what CD are you?
  • VRob123VRob123 Regular
    edited Sep 12, 2019 1:54PM
    @PinkSnow410 currently CD13 of a 25/26 day cycle. Hopefully will ov any time
  • @VRob123 ok you are still early enough. Sometimes I don't ovulate till CD 16. Try not to stress, because stress is the enemy of ttc. It's affects on our cycle can be devastating. Even if your cycles are fairly consistent it's not uncommon to have a few cycles that are longer. The follicular phase of our cycles can vary greatly in range. (This is the part after AF but before Ovulation) so some months it might always be 13 days, while another month it could be 22 days. The important thing is that your Luteal phase is consistent (plus or minus a day or two is nothing to stress over) so from the time you ovulate till your AF should always be pretty consistent. Mines always 13-14 days. It's helpful to monitor your LP (Luteal Phase). If it's off by more than a few days you should talk to your Dr. And it's always helpful to know when to expect AF. If you always go off "my cycle is 26 days" but one month you have a longer than usual follicular phase, you'll be expecting AF way earlier than it's actually supposed to come and that can drive you mad!!  Sorry for the long rant and I hope it helped. Keep testing those opks, and remember now that you are bbt charting, even if you miss you spike with opks you'll still be able to see that you ovulated with the bbt. So just keep BD up so you cover your bases!! Best of luck and baby dust
  • @VRob123 don’t give up - keep going hopefully will start to rise soon!
  • @VRob123 ok you are still early enough. Sometimes I don't ovulate till CD 16. Try not to stress, because stress is the enemy of ttc. It's affects on our cycle can be devastating. Even if your cycles are fairly consistent it's not uncommon to have a few cycles that are longer. The follicular phase of our cycles can vary greatly in range. (This is the part after AF but before Ovulation) so some months it might always be 13 days, while another month it could be 22 days. The important thing is that your Luteal phase is consistent (plus or minus a day or two is nothing to stress over) so from the time you ovulate till your AF should always be pretty consistent. Mines always 13-14 days. It's helpful to monitor your LP (Luteal Phase). If it's off by more than a few days you should talk to your Dr. And it's always helpful to know when to expect AF. If you always go off "my cycle is 26 days" but one month you have a longer than usual follicular phase, you'll be expecting AF way earlier than it's actually supposed to come and that can drive you mad!!  Sorry for the long rant and I hope it helped. Keep testing those opks, and remember now that you are bbt charting, even if you miss you spike with opks you'll still be able to see that you ovulated with the bbt. So just keep BD up so you cover your bases!! Best of luck and baby dust
    Thank you! My LP phase has been 14 days the last couple of cycles so perhaps I’m jumping back to a 28 cycle which I had before BCP. Who knows. But thank you and @dd1001 , I’ll persevere. I think husband is finding it a bit tedious now, me trying to dictate when we should bd as he’s tired from work
  • @MissM2203 Thank you!!
  • SR19SR19 Regular
    edited Sep 12, 2019 4:44PM
    VRob123 said:
    @dd1001 @Tryingfor#1 wishing I would get a positive OPK soon! Starting to give up haha 
    Don’t worry @VRob123 it will happen! 🤞. If you haven’t tracked in the past the app won’t know when ovulation is, the purple line is just a guess based on the average.  It will happen soon.  Some months we just don’t ovulate, it’s not nice to think that when every month is vital to us! But unfortunately it’s true 🙁.  But I have everything crossed you get your rise. Just don’t give up. When I started OPKs I did them for almost a whole month to work out a pattern. OH was working away so gave me the perfect chance.  This month I ovulated later than I thought. Only a day, but still! And because of the time of day I took my opk I didn’t get the big rise I did the first month (it was about half).
    I started to do mine twice a day in the first month leading up to when I thought ovulation was, so I didn’t miss my peak, but I wasn’t doing bbt like you are. 
  • @VRob123 and @Tryingfor#1 I use a different app (femometer) and it has me start lh tests on CD 6 once a day until I enter my fertile window then it suggests twice a day. One month I still didn't catch my peak. Crazy. BBT confirmed that I did ovulate, I just didn't pee at the right time or something. TTC is frustrating
  • SR19SR19 Regular
    edited Sep 12, 2019 4:54PM
    @PinkSnow410 my OPKs say not to wee for 4 hours if I can help it and not to drink much it as it dilutes the urine. 🤷🏻‍♀️!! But when I gotta go.... I gotta go!! So that may also be a factor! At work I try and plan that I don’t drink much after my lunch break, but I’m usually crossed legged driving up the dual carriageway home 🤣! We will all get there... it just takes time and patience (a lot of it!!) 
  • I’m really starting to panic about tomorrow’s testing. This is horrible 
  • @Tryingfor#1 I'm the same! I always have to pee and holding for 4 hours is tough for me.  I usually do my second urine of the day for testing opks

@remembertobreath awe love it's ok just remember to breath 😘
  • @PinkSnow410 - indeed! You think I’d remember 😂 It’s just the thought of a positive is terrifying given my track record of positives but the thought of a negative is even worse. Especially as I feel the same as I did those last three times. The one month we missed the window, I felt nothing. Not an AF symptom at all (which is normal for me).
  • @RememberToBreathe I feel the same way. I've wanted this my whole life, but once I get it then it's really real and scary and unknown. Yikes! But each BFN is horrible too. Torn all the time and trying to just have faith
  • @RememberToBreathe good luck tomorrow! X
  • @RememberToBreathe good luck tomorrow! X
    Thank you 🤞🏻
  • Hey girls.

So Hub and I BD on cycle day 11,12,15 but  today I got EWCM so did again on day 21. No idea when I am actually ovulating or if I even am. This is month #5 and I'm getting so frustrated with friends getting pregnant without even trying!
  • @LucieLu hey! I can't rely on cm so I use opks and bbt to give myself the best shot. Ideally we'd just BD every other day the whole month to be sure we got our bases covered, but my DH job is stressful and he isn't always in the mood 
  • SR19SR19 Regular
    edited Sep 12, 2019 8:36PM
    @LucieLu maybe you ovulated a little later this month, are you tracking? 
    I know the feeling, I have a sister who is pregnant (unplanned). How? We try for months and nothing yet for them it’s just once and bam!
    i haven’t told anyone I’m trying but I have said I want children in the future and all my friends say ‘don’t worry you’ll be fine, you’ll probably get pregnant first month like I did’.
    5 months later... not pregnant 🙁!
  • Hey ladies. Tonight my opk got slightly darker. Not positive thought. Do any of you get gradually darker then positive or do you think its probably just my levels being up and down? Did to ovulate any day xx
This discussion has been closed.