Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Hoping for a BFP in September - Part 2

Replies

• @LucieLu hey! I can't rely on cm so I use opks and bbt to give myself the best shot. Ideally we'd just BD every other day the whole month to be sure we got our bases covered, but my DH job is stressful and he isn't always in the mood 
    Hi Pink! Haha, yeh exactly..my DH has to be persuaded half the time! as you say- ideally we would BD every day for 2 weeks but thats just not realistic. Have been using opks but not ever getting a positive? which worries me that perhaps I'm not OV at all.
  • @RememberToBreathe good luck! Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

@Herestohoping mine have got slightly darker today but the app still recording them as low 
  • @Herestohoping mine fluctuate. Sometimes I'll get a random darker one then next day it's none and then a few days later it's peak. Here's mine from July. (Didn't use opks last cycle)

• @lucielu you could just be missing your peak. It can be hard to catch if your LH spikes for just a few hours. Have you considered bbt? You can confirm your ovulation after the fact with it
  • @Herestohoping my OPKs go darker before I get my peak. It’s a gradual up and down for me but that’s not the same for everyone.  Some people stay light then shoot up. Send a photo of your strips if you have them? 
  • Yea I'm testing September 14
  • @Pinksnowball so my BBT thermometer arrived today! (Didn't order the one that records it on my phone though doh!) But I'm going to start tomorrow on CD 5 and see how I get on. I've ordered some OPKs too so fingers crossed I can try and pinpoint ovulation and increase our chances. I realised today that we've been TTC for 5 months now, it gets harder and harder! 😔
  • @Emmy012....i feel ya....I had to get OPKs bc my periods r irregular....I also found as most women ovulate on day 11 I didn't ovulate til CD 20.....I'm now 12 DPO and I have extreamly sore to touch breasts slight nausea fatigue and now Ive unpleasantly been in the bathroom a lot....still no sign of AF though which is supposed to start between now and Saturday so I'm with ya
  • @Emmy012 I hope BBT helps at least ease your mind a bit. It's helped me to feel like I've at least given myself the best possible shot. Try to be as consistent with it as possible and don't drive yourself crazy analyzing each day. BBT is more of a big picture kinda thing.
  • @Catlady220 my AF is usually 28/29 day cycle and has been very regular since coming off BC. It's the fact that I have no idea when I'm OV or if I am so giving bbt and OPKs a go to try and get an idea of my cycle. 

@PinkSnow410 thanks for the advice lovely, I have my alarm set for work so will use that over weekends too to make sure it's as accurate as it can be. I'm just looking forward to hopefully seeing the sign that I am ov and I can worry a little less. We try our hardest with as much BD as we can but knowing a more precise window will really help to know we have done all we can at the right time. Fingers crossed for October! X
  • @Emmy012 ...oh I  didn't see where u were on BC
  • Evening ladies, no af still, I got some brownish pinkish CM, very light today. Maybe it's a sign of af coming late. Well will see, so far I'm very busy with training at work so time flies and before I know it,  it will be Saturday. Why ttc is so stressful ehh.

@Emmy012 I'm sure bbt will help you understand more your cycle and put ur mind at ease. It's worth it.

@PinkSnow410 how are you darling? 

• @MadDoda we will b testing the same day
  • @Catlady220 that's great, I tested with @Rachel.a21 , but because of my fever my bbt was messed, I'm not sure if my period is late or I tested to early,  it was bfn. That's why imntesting again on Saturday, that's the latest my period is due if I calculate from latest possible ov date. So I hope I will get my answer this time.

@RememberToBreathe good luck!
  • @MadDoda I'm good. Excited to try again. I might use opks this month. I haven't decided. I'm looking forward to another chance. Going on month 10
  • I tested at 11 DPO....I was informed that that was way too early....so I'm gonna take one again Saturday....of course the 1st one was a BFN
  • I started having really light on n off cramps maybe like 30 seconds each time.....they started like an hour ago so I'm nervous now.....but I've heard cramps can also b a sign of pregnancy
  • MadDodaMadDoda Regular
    edited Sep 12, 2019 10:46PM
    @PinkSnow410 time flies, I'm sure u will get ur bfp before year passes, fingers crossed for this cycle! I cant convince myself to do opk, it seems like smth I would obsesse over.

@Catlady220 it's definitely to early, I tested only coz I was convinced I'm 14dpo. Maybe I was, I will never find out xd. Anyways fingers crossed for Saturday for both of us. Cramps may mean anything, the best is to ignore it.
  • @MadDoda The only thing that makes me think it's not AF is bc my cramps r usually horrendous like OMG but this time it's like I barely notice it
  • I don't trust anything I feel,coz I believe I can convince myself to feel anything out of nothing just coz I want to be pregnant so badly. I rather wait and ignore, will know soon enough.
This discussion has been closed.