Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Irregular Periods After Stopping Birth Control

Hi all! I stopped taking my birth control pills about 4.5 months ago (had been on them 3.5 years and am now 28). My periods were regular before. Now, they are all wacky. The first was 45 days after stopping the pill, the second was 50 days, and the next one has yet to come so it looks like it will be longer than 50 days. I went to a doctor 4 months in who ran tests and told me I have PCOS. I went and had a bunch of other labs done and the only signs that point to PCOS are a high LH compared to FSH and high AMH. My androgens are normal and I don't appear to have insulin resistance. I have no idea what is going on and it's really scary. My doctor wants to put me on Letrozole, but I just want to ovulate myself. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm not sure if the pills screwed up my hormones or if they just exacerbated a situation that I already had. Any similar experiences or advice would be helpful.

Replies

• There is no scientific proof of bc affecting fertility. I was told that at university during reproductive biology lecture. Did you try bbt? I would help you are if and when u ovulate no matter how long and messed is ur cycle. Best of luck