Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What is this line? It’s faint and colorless

Hey! Have you guys seen a line like this before? I am so confused! Is it a shadow?

I didn’t get my period two days ago so I tested, just to be sure. But it has left me more confused than before, haha.

Replies

• It looks like an evaporation line. If you think your pregnant I would test again in a couple of days time with a FRER if you can xxx
  • Evap line
  • c0conutzc0conutz Regular
    edited Sep 20, 2019 5:15PM

This is five minutes after dipping and I don’t know if its my eyes, or if that is actually the fainest line... I know I should wait a few days, but oh my it’s hard! 😅

I checked the test, I could not see any form of line, or indent before dipping. 

It is so very faint tho, I don’t know if it means anything.
  • May be an evap line I'd wait a few days n test again
  • c0conutz said:

This is five minutes after dipping and I don’t know if its my eyes, or if that is actually the fainest line... I know I should wait a few days, but oh my it’s hard! 😅

I checked the test, I could not see any form of line, or indent before dipping. 

It is so very faint tho, I don’t know if it means anything.
    I can see colour in this ! 

• I’ve had some people telling me it has color yes!! I am still so confused. I only get faint «lines» in the evenings. It doesn’t make sense!

And I don’t think it darkens either. Maybe its way too early 

• c0conutz said:

I’ve had some people telling me it has color yes!! I am still so confused. I only get faint «lines» in the evenings. It doesn’t make sense!

And I don’t think it darkens either. Maybe its way too early 

All mine started out like this hun, don’t lose hope just yet x
  • Yes I see colour in that! Last cycle I was 5 days late and had a slight line on one of those sticks but it definitely didn’t have any colour....af came. I’ll try to find the pic to show you and you’ll see how yours is different (I think anyway!) x
  • This was the one that you’d put into your app @WelshGirrl

• SmithL35 said:
    This was the one that you’d put into your app @WelshGirrl

Was this an evap???x
  • Thanks for the answers! ☺️ It’s relaxing me. I’m gonna try a different brand on Tuesday, when it’s been a few days. If that is negative or has a line it’s pretty obvious. 

This takes up so much brain space!! 🤯
  • SmithL35 said:

Was this an evap???x
    Which app is this?
  • MayMay said:
    SmithL35 said:

Was this an evap???x
    Which app is this?
    Its called «Checker». ☺️
  • WelshGirl98WelshGirl98 Regular
    edited Sep 22, 2019 12:20PM
    @c0conutz This app is how I picked up my lines lol
  • Guys that app picks up evap lines too, so you can’t trust everything. Take a first response early response. The only way you know for sure is to get tests that get darker and darker over a series of days. 
  • edited Sep 23, 2019 9:15AM

Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines

• @Newbie2019 I also suggest she try a first response because I’ve seen that brand she used be colorless when it’s positive. Thanks for your input, though. 
  • Ya, you tell everyone that. You’re welcome, you might think before you comment in future
  • @Newbie2019.....in @Rachel.a21 defense, sometimes there's no nice way to say something....shes just trying to warn ppl about future heart break n suggesting better products.....no one wants to hear it's an evap line or negative but someone's gotta b honest with them....if everyone got on this post n was like I see it there's definitely a line there then she would get all excited n find out she's not pregnant....if being honest is wrong then there are a lot of wrong women on here including me
  • Thank you @Catlady220 I didn’t think me suggesting a brand of test was being insensitive, but I guess it is 🤷🏻‍♀️ I just suggest first response early response because they are more sensitive and pick up smaller amounts of HCG which will give a clearer result