Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How common is "implantation bleeding"?

Hi there!
I've been TTC for a year now and I'm looking for pregnancy clues.
Anyone who's pregnant had spotting or light bleeding right before their period and still found out they were pregnant? Looking to demystify this implantation bleeding theory... How common is it for those who have been preggy before? Thanks everyone!

Replies

• I had implantation spotting twice. Both times it was tiny pink threads in cm while wipe.
  • @MadDoda thanks for the reply. What does “in cm” mean?
  • I never had implantation spotting with my son. Just had 1 tiny dot of tan/pink discharge this time around. And I mean a TINY spot. I’ve read only a small percentage actually get spotting 
  • In cervical mucus
  • This means it’s most likely AF than implantation bleeding.. I had the spotting 3 days.. I said to myself I’ll wait until Sunday if I don’t have a flow come, I might not even make it then 😢.. I feel so discouraged and disheartened.. just wanna hide in my sheets
  • Implantation can last for up to 5 days. Was it red blood?
  • VickyK.VickyK. Regular
    edited Sep 20, 2019 11:11PM
    It’s pink.. I put in a tampon just so I’m not examining myself in the bathroom every 10 seconds 
  • Have you taken a test recently? If it is implantation, you wouldn’t want to have a tampon in
  • Didn’t wanna take a test too early.. that why I’m not optimistic anymore 😪.. I just don’t want to wake up tomorrow morning covered in case I’m wrong.. it would be my first pregnancy so I don’t know Wut to expect
  • How many dpo are you?
  • How about cramping? I start feeling my menstrual cramps during the luteal phase off and on. I usually take this to mean I'm not pregnant (which has been the case), but I always read online people feel cramping "in early pregnancy", but what about the TWW? Has anyone ever had cramps and ended up being pregnant?
  • I just got my BFP this month and I had cramping at 14dpo, the day that AF was due. I got my positive the next day when I tested. It felt just like period cramps and lasted all day 
  • I’m 14 DPO.. @Luna87 yeah cramping during the lutéal phase, especially at 5 DPO.. I have a bit now but nothing major 
  • @VickyK. I hope you get your BFP. If you are 14dpo, you could test if AF doesn’t come 
  • @Rachel.a21 thanks girl ❤️.. I’ll see what tomorrow looks like and Assess from there .. I’ll keep u posted.. thanks for the support, you’ve been lovely ❤️
  • Yes keep me updated. And you’re welcome! 
  • Hi Ladies, first time ever using this so bare with...Im TTC and i used Natural Cycles app and essentially im in the 2 week wait, Had positive LH readings cd 18 19 the app predicted ovulation cd20 but last night Cd23 i had what looked like implantation bleeding but is it too soon to get that as its only 5 days at most since conception but this looked exactly as implantation bleeding is decribed i took a picture after a few wipes but not sure how to upload it and the today cd24 nothing atall when i wipe... how long until i can test my app says my period isnt due for another 9 days as my cycles are 35-38 days. Any advice welcome ??

• Relating to above postType your comment
  • @Hayleylou89 how many DPO are you? 
  • @VickyK. Im 4 days DPO my app predicted ovulation CD20 its now CD24 x