Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ovulation tests

Hi, I have been using the ovulation sticks for over a week now & keep getting negatives. I do one in the morning & then later on in the day, although I drink over 3 litres of water a day & find my urine is too diluted to get anything. It doesn’t seem as clear as it does in the morning. I have read that first morning urine isn’t the best time to take it. When I try later in the day I don’t drink for a few hours and hold my urine in & this still doesn’t make a difference. Any suggestions please? Could it be that I’m just not ovulating? My period is slightly irregular as sometimes I’m earlier & longer. 

Replies

• Options
    You probably ovulate later than you think. Keep going it will happen.

As for ovulating, u will get positive opk no matter if u release an egg or not. Opk doesn't confirm ovulation it just give u an indication it may occurs. Opk tracks only lh surge which causes release of an egg, there may be no mature egg ready to be released sometimes, the only way to know that is by bbt or ultrasound. 
  • Options
    edited Sep 28, 2019 7:17PM
    I hope so 🤞🏼I think I’m going to carry on testing in the morning. Would you say bbt is more accurate? I heard it that your bbt changes after the realise of the egg so it’s too late when you check? 
  • Options
    BBT is the most accurate because it actually shows that you did ovulate. I used BBT this round and just starting BDing every 2 days starting at CD8, then moved to every other day around CD15, and then every day for 3 days once I got a positive OPK. Then my BBT confirmed that I did actually ovulate after the fact 
  • Options
    The best is combination of both is opk tells u to bd for ovulation, but bbt will tell u exact day u did and if u did. 
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies ☺️ How does your bbt work? Is it if your temperature is higher you have already ovulated? 
  • Options
    Ur temp stays on lower side after period, when egg is released corpus luteum starts to produce progesterone. Progesterone causes temp rise, which stays up until ur period and then drops, or stays up if ur pregnant.
  • Options
    ive noticed being on this forum a lot of women ovulate later than they thought....including me...i thought i ovulated at day 11 like the books say lol but i actually didnt ovulate til day20 last month and this month im on day 15 with still no peak opk only highs yesterday and today
  • Options
    edited Sep 29, 2019 4:15PM
    I’m using both apps & inputting the same details although they are both giving different dates that I’m ovulating, I have been using flow for a lot longer although I am taking pictures of my ovulation sticks on premom