Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Period was due yesterday . TMI pic included**

Any advice or options would be very much appreciated ! Thanks in advance ! My period was due yesterday. I had slight spotting yesterday afternoon when I whipped . Along with cramps Nothing yet today other than the cramps. My last period started September 3rd and lasted 4 days . I am on the pill but had some hiccups along the way with that. We had sex the day before period then the 7th , 8th and 17th . Following that , I had dark brown discharge/spotting starting the 11th-16th . Getting lighter as the days passed . That went away for couple of days Then spotting only when I wiped for a couple days on and off . I’ve been extra moody , my nipples are sensitive , extremely bloated . Lower back pain and random nausea also some smells are more intense . I took a couple of pregnancy test one looked to be faint positive blue dye. but then I tried with pink dye and got a bfn . Just retested again after about 4 hour hold and bfn again but creamy discharge . Sorry tmi with the attached photo . Idk what’s happening . Has anyone had this happen and ended up being pregnant ?

Replies

• Are you still taking the pill? I missed 1 pill one time and ended up spotting light pink for over a week. I wasn’t pregnant, it’s just because I missed a pill and confused my body
  • I am. I forgot to take it a few times and took it the next morning . But I’ve never had this happen in previous months. I’ve been on the pill around 7 months now after removing the nexplanon implant . And don’t remember having this nor the dark brown spotting/discharge with any of my pregnancies
  • @Rachel.a21 forgot to “@“ you in my reply . But did your period end up coming on time after your pink spotting ? Did u have any other symptoms at the time even though you didn’t end up pregnant at the time . ? 
  • I am pretty sure my period still came on time but of course, it was my birth control induced period just because I continued taking the pills. I thought I was pregnant when I was spotting for that long but I ended up taking a test and not being pregnant. Have you used a first response early response test?
  • @Rachel.a21 yes , I took that one today and bfn . I’ll have to admit when I saw that faint plus on the blue dye I was nervous but excited at the same time then when I got the negative pink dye and then the one today my heart sunk a bit 😔 
  • @Navywifex3xx I know the feeling 😔 my son is 7 and a few months ago when I had that spotting, I was a little excited that maybe I was pregnant. I wasn’t sure we would ever have another since we had my son so young, but then my best friend got pregnant accidentally while on the pill and she didn’t want another, but finally was excited and it made me kind of excited too. I hope you get your answers soon. When do you plan to test again?
  • @Rachel.a21 I’m rite there with you , I’m surrounded by friends who are either pregnant or gave birth not long ago . So I figured I’d just get my “ baby fix “ with all of theirs lol but then some excitement of my own .. I guess time will tell . I have a appointment Monday for my yearly checkup so I guess will retest there and let them know what I’ve been feeling ect 
  • @Rachel.a21 woke up with really bad lower back pain today and brown spotting when I wiped again this morning .. I wonder if maybe it’s my period coming ( 3 days late ) 😩😔
  • Oh no, I hope that it’s not 😔
  • @Rachel.a21 went to the restroom shortly after a very little bright red when I wiped . Then haven’t had anything since . Idk what’s going on with my body . But I’m a bit emotional about it today 😔