Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Struggling TTC

me & my partner have been try for around 6 months. We have 1 child already who is 3. I’ve never been on any type of contraception since been with my partner in the whole 7 years. I am emotionally and physically drained atm. I have seen my GP who has confirmed I am ovulating which I knew anyway as I do tests every month and they have now referred me to a fertility clinic. This month I really thought I was pregnant as I am regular as clockwork and have been for many years. When I started spotting brown 9dpo which lasted 4 days. I really thought this was implantation bleeding as I was way to early for AF!! How wrong was I.. i am now bleeding heavily on day 5 of this spotting and in bed with bad cramping! My period still isn’t due for 4 days! I have cried all morning. I know it’s my own fault for getting my hopes up! But just struggling to understand why it’s not happening. I’m 33 and I’ve no time to waste. Is anyone in the same boat as me? 

Replies

• I’m with you! I’m 31 and have two other children 7,10. We have been trying for several months. I was super sure I was pregnant this time around. Nausea, sore boobs, all kind of symptoms. I started lightly spotting 4 days before af was due. Fingers crossed it was implantation. Nope! The next morning my period was in full swing! I’m so sad. I honestly felt like having a tantrums like a 2 year old lol. I just cried and cried! I’m not trying this month. No temping, opks, or constantly checking cm. Just old fashion bd without the math and stress. Good luck I really hope this is your month!!
  • I have a question 
  • So is this positive or negative 
  • Hi Chris, Definitely a positive result. 
  • Sorry milkmommy, I replied to you as a direct message. Still getting used to this. I was so surprised with my spotting this time around. I do normally spot for a few days before af but this time it started from 9dpo which is super early and it was totally different too and lasted longer! However it’s not to be. I can only think it’s the fertility tablets I’ve been taking but I’ve been taking them from July so you would have thought this would have sorted by now. I’m using fertility smart which the reviews on the product looked great but I’m yet to see any results!