Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Regularly spotting throughout cycles

Hi everyone

I was hoping for some advice. I came off the pill in December 2018 to start trying to conceive, we’ve not had any luck yet unfortunately. My cycles have been very irregular, ranging from 42 days to 23 days. I’ve started using ovulation tests the last couple of months but have only ever had flashing smiley faces, never a solid. The GP reassured me recently that the first 6 months of irregular cycles is mostly due to coming off the pill. I would say the last 3 cycles have been slightly more regular, ranging from 29 days to 34 days, however the thing I am worried about is the amount of spotting I have mid cycle. For the last few months there has been at least 2, sometimes 3 occasions, within the same cycle where I’ll spot brown/pink for 2 days ish at random times throughout the cycle. I wouldn’t really worry if it was just once midcycle, but this is happening 2 or 3 different times within the same cycle. I also can spot for up to 5 days before my period starts. Any advice on whether this is normal or not? I’m worried I have low progesterone levels.
thanks