Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Over 40 (45) and trying to conceive, is it still possible?

edited Oct 2, 2019 10:03AM in Trying to conceive
Hi I’m 45 year old and trying to conceive ,I do have children already from a previous relationship,  I am  with a new partner who doesn’t have children and he would love his own , just wondered if it is possible to still have children , Thankyou in advance for your advice x

Replies

• Hi im 42years old and ttc..do u still have periods...
  • Hi Ladies, I’m 43. I have children from a previous relationship. New partner - been together for 5 years and he has no children of his own. We had a MC in May. My cycles range from 23-26 days. Last period was on the 17/11/2019 DTD only once on CD 9. According to OPKs and BBT I O on CD 17. I’m now on CD29. Had twinge in my left side on CD27. Usually get severe cramps with AF and sore boobs. The only thing I’m having now is heavy feeling in lower abdomen and backache. Nothing else to suggest PG or AF is coming. I’m scared to test as I will be so disappointed if it’s neg and also if it positive I’ll be a nervous wreck for the next 9 months thinking I’m going g have another MC 
  • Rachel.a21Rachel.a21 Regular
    edited Dec 15, 2019 5:08AM
    I know someone who just recently had a baby unexpectedly at 42, so I do think there is still hope if you’re ovulating.

@MissyJP18 Did you only dtd once on CD9? If so, you would have missed your fertile window since you didn’t ovulate until CD17
  • edited Dec 16, 2019 1:05AM
    Hi Rachel, yes only dtd once ☹️ Positive O on CD17. Still no AF and no signs of it happening. Checked CP - high can barely feel it and it’s soft! Could I have O twice? O earlier than OPK suggests? I’m testing tomorrow I neeeeeed to know. If it’s negative I’ll be heading straight to the doc as I’m now at least 4 days late 
  • @MissyJP18 You can’t ovulate twice in the same cycle from what I understand. Did you have any high OPKs around CD9? If not, I don’t think you would have ovulated that early if you got a positive OPK on CD17. It is normal for cycles to fluctuate a few days 😕 mine was 4 days off my second cycle trying. What cycle day are you now? If your OPK was positive on CD17, you most likely ovulated on CD18. Average luteal phase is 14 days, which means period would be due around CD32
  • Let me know how your test goes tomorrow!
  • Hi Rachel, I didn’t start testing til cd15 first time monitoring O and temping. LH surge CD17. Since a mc in May, I have cycle 23-26 days whereas before I was very regular every 28 days and shorter luteal phase of 10 or less. This is the first month I’ve gone past 26 data and first month my luteal phase has surpassed 10 days. I have been taking CQ10 and multivitamins as well. About a week before AF, I get sore breasts, cramping, severe backache and break out. I’ve had nothing apart from mild heaviness in lower abdomen and slight backache.
  • I’m so sorry about your mc 😔 have you continued OPKS after CD17? I know some people take them the whole cycle just to see what’s going on
  • edited Dec 16, 2019 2:46AM
    I stopped charting on CD 27 after someone commented on another site that after positive OPK it was no longer necessary to continue monitoring.
  • ugh so sorry 😔😔