Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Implantation or Clomid symptoms? Help!

So, this is my first post on any TTC forum ever, anywhere, but I've been a regular stalker during the two week wait for many a month now. I may not have been posting, but I have still found these pages to be a big help (thanks ladies!). I've taken the plunge now because I finally have a question I haven't been able to find an already existing answer to. I'm hoping for a wee bit of guidance from this vast web of wisdom :)

Sorry in advance for the long post. (My question is below, if you want to skip the boring background bit!)

A bit of background:

After over a year trying, lots of tests for both me and DH, and a laparoscopy this summer which unblocked one of my tubes, my consultant has put me on Clomid. This is my first cycle and I'm currently on CD26. My cycles are usually 28 days, but they started varying widely over the past year and I have fluctuating progesterone levels from month to month, hence the Clomid.

I don't use OPKs but I had an internal ultrasound on CD12 which showed several (!) nice looking follicles. My doctor was delighted with them. Then I had a brief but intense bout of ovulation pain on my left side late at night on CD13, so it could technically have been CD14. So far, so good!

From around CD15 I had very sore breasts, then from around CD18 I became very, very emotional. I presumed, and still do, these were simply those famous Clomid side effects I'd been dreading. That's when something strange happened (at least, strange for me).

On Monday of this week, my CD24 and around 10DPO, I went to the loo at work and noticed a spot of blood on the toilet tissue. My heart sank because this is how my AF usually starts, and while I'd expected a regular cycle with the Clomid, AF coming on day 24 wouldn't be that abnormal for the way my cycle had become. This time my AF didn't arrive, though. Instead, I got a little bit of pink/brown discharge mixed with what seemed just like EWCM (sorry for TMI!) for the rest of the day.

To be honest, and I know have the two-week-wait googles on, but it was exactly what I've read implantation spotting to be like. I have NEVER, in all my years being visited by the witch, experienced any kind of spotting or bleeding outside my period. I've searched and searched and so far I've found only one singular paragraph on Google that suggested Clomid can cause spotting, and it said it was very rare.

The thing is, since it happened my symptoms mentioned above have been waning. I'm still quite emotional, and I'm actually quite tired all the time, but my breast pain has eased a lot.

My question(s):

Has anyone here ever experienced spotting on Clomid? If so, at what time in your cycle did it happen?

Also, nearly everything I have read suggests Clomid causes mood swings and sore breasts when you are actually taking it, and in the days after, as well as before AF arrives. Has anyone else found it hit them hard in the middle of their cycle, in the week after ovulation?

Obviously, despite my best efforts, the spotting on Monday is starting to get my hopes up. I have a Clear Blue early detection test sitting upstairs, but I'm refusing to use it until AF is due on Friday. I want to live with the hope for a couple of more days.

Any advice, thoughts, or stories anyone has to share would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Just in case anyone happens upon this in future and is wondering the same thing, it turns out Clomid can cause spotting. My AF arrived bang on when expected on Friday :( Here's to next month!