Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

How many days am I dpo and is this a bfp?

edited Oct 4, 2019 10:00AM in Trying to conceive
Looking for some suggestions as to what’s going on with me. Excuse me it’s going to be a long post...
I have different cycle lengths on alternative months (month1 21days, month2 26 days, month3 21 days etc). Current cycle should be 21 days. I had positive OPKs on day 8 and 9 after start of last period. Now I’m on cycle day 28 but still no af. Am I 18dpo assuming I ovulated the day after last positive opk? Did two hpt Tuesday and Wednesday (15 and 16 dpo) and they were BFN ( blank white no sign of anything at all). Did one this morning using a Sainsbury’s hpt and got a faint faint cross. Can anybody else see the vertical line on the picture (DH can’t!)?But even if it were positive wouldn’t that be too faint given how many dpo I am? I’m not holding much hope this month just confused what’s happening. I’m still expecting AF to turn up any time but no sign of her yet! I don’t even know when is my expected period due date now. Normally the opk’s are quite accurate and I get AF 2 weeks after a positive opk. This is weird! Thanks ladies!

Replies

• Hi yes I can see something , try a frer it tests at 6ml hcg so much stronger lines . It’s hard to tell with just OPKs , I bbt so easier to see ovulation date , hopefully you now don’t need to  learn how to do bbt now though 🤞
  • Thank you cloudyrainbow, you are right I’ll test with frer on Sunday if AF hasn’t arrived by then. However I have a bad feeling AF is on the way... Interesting about the opk comment. I’ll do bbt next month to be sure. Thanks for your advice!
  • @Cloudy76 Download the app Premom. It reads and labels your OPKs. I had one I swore was positive, but the app said it was low and I ended up not getting my positive for 5 more days 
  • Thank you Rachel, I’ll get the app. I always thought if the opks get darker then weaker again as the days go along the peak is the positive. Maybe I’ve got them wrong! Not sure when I ovulated then:(. So much more to learn from you girls...
  • i do see the line but just keep in mind that blue dye tests are known to give false positives....it could be an evap.....Fingers crossed hun 
  • Thanks cat lady for reminding me. Af is still not here so I’ll test tomorrow morning and see if it’s getting any darker. If not it must be a false positive. 
  • Did u test ?x