Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Some advice regarding OPK/Pregnancy?

Just looking for some advice, my AF was due around 30th September/1st October (normally around that dates) sometimes a few days out, nothing unusual for me. Done an OPK today as I can’t get out for a test until later, does anyone think this could be strong enough to indicate pregnancy? (I do know you aren’t meant to go by them) but couldn’t resist in testing to see what it would come back with. I also have heard it can indicate AF. Picture attached 🙂

Replies

• U don't get second surge of lh during period time, u should take hpt asap. There is high chance for a positive haha.
  • Aww really, I wasn’t sure I’ve read a few things on here before. Oh hopefully I can get a test tonight to find out. Thank you 😊 
  • This is lh fluctuation chart in green from my university book.

If u get lh surge at any other time it's not normal and should be checked out. Im not exactly sure how opk is designed, but i think it can pick up hcg, so if u get high reading now it's probably good news. Fx
  • Oh I hope so, I will keep you updated! 😊
  • Good luck. I think you are likely to be pregnant too. I’m 9dpo today and used an opk this morning but came back negative (not even the faintest of line). I can’t help but think I’m out this month. :(
  • Well I managed to get a test and this was the outcome, what do yous think? I’m in shock I totally didn’t expect this, my little girl just turned 1, nonetheless I am happy, just very shocked! Xx
  • Congratulations I would say that's a very reasonable line. It was to be expected after opk u had. My son just turned one too, I try want to give him a sibling asap.
  • The line came up straight away, it’s just the cheap test from Morrison’s so I actually didn’t expect it to show anything lol. We always said we wanted a close age gap, I just didn’t realise things would happen so fast! 🙈 aww lovely, my little girl just started walking yesterday, so she will keep me on my toes!! I don’t really have symptoms yet, except peeing a lot more and extremely tired all the time (I just thought that was my 1 year old) 🤣 xx
  • may i ask how many dpo were u and what month trying was this
  • edited Oct 6, 2019 9:50AM
    Hi @Catlady220 I wasn’t actively trying but I wasn’t exactly being careful either, we just said if it was to happen. My last period was 1st of September I think and it’s normally around 30 days. I don’t know when I ovulated so I’m not sure how many days passed ovulation.

This was my test from this morning, going to try and pick up a first response later today. 
  • Update - just took a FR test