Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone trying to conceive want to chat?

Just looking to see if anyone trying to conceive wants to buddy up to chat & keep updates? Share tips? I feel so alone. 
No one to talk to but my husband 😩 

Replies

• Hey! Have you just started trying? This is my 3rd month trying for our first but feel like I'm probably out, lots of symptoms that i suspect is pms. Where are you in your cycle? 

You should come say hi on the trying for bfp on October thread too, its full of lovely and helpful ladies in the same boat! 
  • Hey. I've been thinking of joining a forum for a little while now. Happy to buddy up and chat. We started TTC from April this year. Had a positive test on the 8th of September but 4 days later AF came and it was worse than normal so I think I had a "chemical pregnancy,  I was 4 weeks. I tested more or less everyday and the line kept getting lighter so I knew something was wrong. Then 4 days later I got made redundant :( our company closed. Luckily I have found a new job and started this week but now I'm upset about having to put TTC on hold for a while.
    My current cycle is really weird too as I normally have sore boobs immediately after ovulation and they stay like that till AF comes but I have literally nothing this month and I'm due in 6 days. 
    How long have you been trying Sian0605? You are definitely not alone 💗 
  • @ro85 this is my first too. You might not be out! In my last cycle, everything symptom wise was exactly the same for me as usual PMS but I had a but of cramping more or less everyday after ovulation and I normally get no cramps until the day AF arrives and then I cramp after. I took the test on 12 DPO. Where are you in your cycle?
  • Hello!!
    im on my first Month ttc 
    husband and I decided to keep this relaxed so no opk or bbt being used
    just bding 

its really hard cause I have amnneorhea 

Doctor says to try for 3 months and if I don’t get my period to come back 🥺
  • Hey @Revbomb. Don't worry yet. If it doesn't come back they can give you medication to help kick start it again :)
  • Hi @Sunshine1989 sorry to hear about your redundancy and chemical, it must have been a tough few weeks for you. That's great you've found a new job though. How long will you have to wait before you can ttc again?

I think I'm maybe 13dpo. My cycles are pretty weird still after coming off bc so I'm not totally sure when I ovulated or when af will be due. I've started using bbt this month but only about a week ago, hopefully next month it will help me understand my cycle a bit more! I don't dare test yet anyway as I'm sure I'll just be disappointed, so just waiting for af to show! Got lots of weird cramps going on so pretty sure she's coming! 
  • @ro85 thank you. It was crap overall. In a way I'm thankful I actually found out I was pregnant so early as I was starting to worry about not being able to conceive even though we'd only been trying since April. So this shows it can happen, but obviously it was viable and happened for a reason.
    I was hoping to start trying again after Christmas when I've been there a few months. I'd love to be at the company for longer but you just don't know with these things do you. Hopefully when it happens and I can explain what happened this year, hopefully they will understand that I didn't intend to do it once starting a new job, as I have been trying before.

Yeah I think I took me a month or two to settle after coming off the pill. Do you use an app? I use Clue and it's really handy. We actually used opks for the first time last cycle and that's the cycle I caught on! So I would definitely reccomend them. 

I would say wait for AF then but because I bought internet cheapie strips they were just too tempting not to use lol

• @sunshine1989 you're totally right, it definitely shows you can conceive! That's such a good way to look at it. And like you say, you can't plan these things so if it happens it happens and I'm sure your work will understand. We're trying to time our ttc around work too as we have really busy periods but in reality things don't necessarily work that way and we'll manage whatever happens! 

I've bought some opks so might try them next cycle. Ive been using Flo for a while and then Premom to chart bbt. Yeah I've got 50 Internet cheapies sitting upstairs but I just don't want to see that bfn so I'm going to wait until I'm late at least!

Where abouts are you from? I'm in Newcastle in the UK and it's flipping freezing! 

How are you doing @sian0605
  • @ro85 we were really upset to begin with but then the redundancy happened and we tried to look at the positives. 
    I had been at my previous company for 11 years so hopefully they will understand when it happens.
    Yeah you can never plan for these things, they usually happen at the most inconvenient times lol but that's ok as it's worth it. I can't wait to be a mum.
    Yeah it's not nice seeing that BFN, I was just too impatient Haha! Try with the OPKs next month. I looked into BBT but it seemed more hassle. How are you finding it?
    I'm in West Yorkshire not cold here today but just bloody wet...peeing it down!
  • I can't wait to be a mum either. My little sister is about to have her first and I'm so excited to be an auntie I can't even imagine if and when it's my own! 

Bbt has taken a bit of getting used to, I slept badly the first few nights as I was so worried about taking it on time but now I'm used to it and it's just routine. I'll maybe use that and opk. The more info the better!

Definitely feeling like af is coming today. Very crampy and just keep feeling like it's started. Oh well! 

Not too far away then! We've got the rain too. Would much rather stay in bed today instead of going to work! 
  • Hi ladies,
    I'm back ttc first time since having MC at the beggining of sept, I've had no AF since it happened but doc gave the green light to try again immediately (bittersweet) I took a couple of +opks last Monday but I normally get very sore breasts after ovulation and nothing this month! Just a few cramps, I really think I may not have ovulated this month 😫 but only time will tell, this 2ww is dragging under the circumstances , good luck to everyone xx
  • @ro85 aww bless you! My partners brother and girlfriend have a little one, he is 2 in December and he is just amazing. We love him to bits.
    Ahh that's good that you are in the routine of them.
     I used the cheap strips and then used the Clearblue with a smiley face to confirm and it certainly worked last month.
    :( don't get too disheartened though, unknown it's hard as every month feels like year doesn't it!

• @BeckyL24 really sorry to hear about your MC, that must have been awful. You will get your rainbow baby 💗 
    I am the same as you as I get sore boobs after ovulation but nothing now. I did a few OPKs and it detected a surge but maybe I didn't ovulate either? We had a chemical last cycle and this cycle we have had to put it on hold due to losing my job and starting a new one.
    Good luck and I hope the 2ww doesn't drag too much xx
  • @BeckyL24 so sorry to hear about your mc, can't even imagine how hard that must be. I've heard so many stories about women who have had mc and then almost immediately got bfp so stay hopeful! Keeping everything crossed for you.

@sunshine1989 I know I shouldn't get too down about it. I think I just try to be realistic (maybe too realistic!) so I'm not disappointed. Just need to be patient though and try to forget about it!

Do any of you have a date in mind you'll test? I'm going to try to wait until Friday if no AF by then. That will be 3 days late if my cycle sticks to 32 days like last month! 
  • @Sunshine1989 I detected a surge also but I've seen comments off other users saying it doesn't necessarily mean an egg has been released, so not sure, I'm going to hold off testing until next week, but I'm not getting my hopes up, I'm sorry to hear you have to out it on hold I could imagine that to be very frustrating, and sorry to hear about your chemicals, I really hope it happens for us all soon, I didn't realise how much of an emotional rollercoaster this journey would be xx
  • @ro85 not sure when to test, maybe going to hold off until after weekend (if I can 🙈) but not sure what my cycle will be this month I'm currently on CD 33 (taking cd1 as the start of MC) and in a normal cycle I would of ovulated alot earlier normally around cd17 and would of had AF by now, so just taking each day as it comes as not sure what to expect x
  • @BeckyL24 around the same as me then! I'm CD 30 today but haven't had a 28 day cycle since I stopped bc so not really sure at what point I'd be classed as late. You're totally right, just taking each day as it comes. If I get my first morning wee over straight away then that's that for the day and I have to wait until tomorrow. I'll try to hold off until the weekend with you! 💪 Xx
  • Hey ladies sorry for slow reply, I’m so thankful for all of your responses praying we all get positives soon! 

Basically I came off The pill Oct last year, have been “relaxed” but trying since Then, following Flo, I have since October missed 2 periods so it has been very misleading. Doctor is saying no idea why. 

Bit of background, 
    I have previously had a misscarriage a long time ago I was adamant I was pregnant but text were constantly negative fast forward time I believed I wasn’t pregnant and multiple doc visits and constant negatives, I miscarries at 18weeks and it was very traumatic, fast forward time I have been with my husband 9 years, we been married almost 2 years, and can not wait for that bfp! I have this month started religious ovulation tests daily. (Period is currently 28days late) no idea when it’s going to come or what to do next! 😩🙈 

• Sian0605 said:
    Just looking to see if anyone trying to conceive wants to buddy up to chat & keep updates? Share tips? I feel so alone. 
    No one to talk to but my husband 😩 

Hi,i feel exactly like you. I have been trying to conceive as well and its difficult talking to people who are not in the same shoes as you.

• Hi @Sian0605 it really is very frustrating and emotional when it's all you want, I really hope you get your BFP very soon, just stick to what your doing and we'll get there! Praying this is our month x