Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Irregular AF and Ttc

Hi ladies
i wanted to create a board for anyone that has irregular periods or amenorrhea that’s trying to conceive

please join and we can share tips and support 

Replies

• Hi Revbomb 
    i’m getting so frustrated with my irregular periods! Been off the mini pill since December and my cycles are still ranging from 19 days to 42 days! Had day 2 blood test and a scan and everything is ok, got the day 21 blood test tomorrow and I’ve convinced myself this will show low progesterone. Throughout the cycle I have more days when I spot/bleed randomly than days I don’t. Just wish I could have a normal textbook cycle! It would be great to also hear other people’s experiences so thanks for starting the board 
  • Bbt could help u see what is happening, did u consider that?
  • RevbombRevbomb Regular
    edited Oct 7, 2019 11:59AM
    JenM557 said:
    Hi Revbomb 
    i’m getting so frustrated with my irregular periods! Been off the mini pill since December and my cycles are still ranging from 19 days to 42 days! Had day 2 blood test and a scan and everything is ok, got the day 21 blood test tomorrow and I’ve convinced myself this will show low progesterone. Throughout the cycle I have more days when I spot/bleed randomly than days I don’t. Just wish I could have a normal textbook cycle! It would be great to also hear other people’s experiences so thanks for starting the board 
    It’s sad that I am dying to have normal period
    growing up I’ve always had a super long cycle and often had missed periods
    but after taking anti depressants my period had completely stopped for 2 years and had to take a pill to force them 

have you tried to take any hormone regulating drug

@MadDoda
    I am considering bbt however I have shift work so I can’t do it on the same time 

ttc is so hard because I don’t think I’m ovulating 
    my pelvic ultrasound came healthy 
    doctor said to try losing some weight 
  • @Revbomb bbt will tell u  if u ovulate or not. If u work shifts u just need to assign two temps instead of one when u track ensuring that u nark it on chart and that u follow uninterrupted sleep and first thing before getting up rule. It may give u some variation but I'm sure u still could see pattern and ovulation.
  • I can’t remember what my periods were like naturally before being on the pill, but I started having periods at age 11 and do remember having horrendously long periods in my early teens. I don’t think I’ve got any chance of being prescribed a hormone drug at the moment as I swear the receptionists at my GP do everything they can to avoid giving me an appointment! How long have you been TTC for?
  • JenM557 said:
    I can’t remember what my periods were like naturally before being on the pill, but I started having periods at age 11 and do remember having horrendously long periods in my early teens. I don’t think I’ve got any chance of being prescribed a hormone drug at the moment as I swear the receptionists at my GP do everything they can to avoid giving me an appointment! How long have you been TTC for?
    Officially it’s been a month
    but I wasn’t going out of my way for the last year being careful not to get pregnant 
    The wait time I Canada is Insane
    so I’m gunna force my doctor to refer me as soon as she can 
    I neeed to get something to ovulate 

• 🌝
  • Hi Revbomb. I think i am in the same boat..my periods have stopped last one in jan 2019.. how old are you x

• Kim786 said:
    Hi Revbomb. I think i am in the same boat..my periods have stopped last one in jan 2019.. how old are you x

I just turned 29 last week
    doctor has asked me to lose some weight 
    hopefully that helps 
    mid I don’t get my period by end of October 
    I’m going to ask for meds 
  • @Revbomb I am also trying to lose weight to help me be healthier but also for ttc, sometimes it can feel overwhelming mountain to climb all of this
  • @Revbomb I am also trying to lose weight to help me be healthier but also for ttc, sometimes it can feel overwhelming mountain to climb all of this
    Honestly I really wish this journey was a happy one for me
    instead if stressful

Have you heard of Vitex or chasteberry
  • Yes @Revbomb I actually take it daily. I took it last year from July to December and fell pregnant January but I miscarried at 8 weeks. Now Ive started again and going to continue taking it rather than stop as it may well have been part of what helped
  • I believe it did help me get a more regular cycle after coming off bc
  • I’ve been thinking about Vitex but when I went to buy it I saw on the pack that it said not to take if pregnant, so then worried about if it would be harmful if I was taking it in early pregnancy before I found out I was pregnant. But I’m still wondering whether to try it as I need something to help! 
  • I've heard that ppl who takes it should not just stop when they fall pregnant and that some have been advised to take until 12 weeks and then decrease dose and ween off it rather than just stop all of a sudden. I don't have direct evidence for that though I've just read so many forums about it.. That's probably what I'd do.. 
  • I've heard that ppl who takes it should not just stop when they fall pregnant and that some have been advised to take until 12 weeks and then decrease dose and ween off it rather than just stop all of a sudden. I don't have direct evidence for that though I've just read so many forums about it.. That's probably what I'd do.. 
    oh thatmakes me hesitant to try
    I really want my doctor to prescribe me clomid 
  • I'm dreading going to the doctors for help. I know they won't help me until I lose more weight. Feeling so lost. I'm going to see a doctor and gave the music. I have lost weight this past year so it's progress but probably not enough. I just have to learn to cope
  • I'm dreading going to the doctors for help. I know they won't help me until I lose more weight. Feeling so lost. I'm going to see a doctor and gave the music. I have lost weight this past year so it's progress but probably not enough. I just have to learn to cope
    Yea I think it’s the same for me
    my Doctor will push on weight
    ive been doing intermittent fasting 
    but I need something more long term

• @revbomb wow I have been doing that too and it is helping. I struggle with the weekends to be honest. I have a long way to go too so think that doesn't help.
    Where are you from? How old are you? If you don't mind sharing. I'm 28 and from UK England, North East. Its nice to chat someone else with similar struggle. I have irregular cycles, irregular ovulation. My cycles are between 26 to 45 days. It's often a long wait. 
  • RevbombRevbomb Regular
    edited Oct 13, 2019 2:20AM
    @revbomb wow I have been doing that too and it is helping. I struggle with the weekends to be honest. I have a long way to go too so think that doesn't help.
    Where are you from? How old are you? If you don't mind sharing. I'm 28 and from UK England, North East. Its nice to chat someone else with similar struggle. I have irregular cycles, irregular ovulation. My cycles are between 26 to 45 days. It's often a long wait. 
    I just turned 29
    i am from Canada (ontario) 
    my cycle is min 30 days 
    I can go months without a period 

honestly I really wish our ttc journey was fun and relaxed like some women 
    I always thought I’d have that but for the past few weeks I’ve been feeling disheartened 

told dh but he wants me to have faith. Ugh he’s so not concerned he’s just enjoying baby dancing 🙄

My last period was August 27th
    no signs of oncoming period