Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My temp chart

Replies

• I done a opk on Tuesday a CB digital and that was negative.  Have been negative all week, my LH surge only lasted from Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon.  

Does temping get interrupted if you have a cold/flu? Cos I’m full of it. 
  • If I didn’t ovulate that is so so strange as I no longer have ovary pain/tenderness like I did when my CM was watery etc. My CM has dried up now too like it’s meant to after ovulation. Iv got a CD21 blood test on Monday so that will confirm but this is so annoying all the wondering and doubting! 
  • Else u ovulated on cd16 and it's just ur rise being funny, or u didn't ovulate at all. I hope it's the first option. But then we cant be sure of either as u didn't temp from the start. Actually it also could be u are one of ppl who get very subtle rise. Only way to know is to see what ur pattern will do in next days. Stay positive until then.  And yes cold can affect the chart, but I usually get fever spikes.
  • Hmm!  I don’t have a clue what’s going on with my body.  Would PCOS affect the chart?  If I did ovulate would it be the dip in the chart that confirmed it or the rise? Cos mines got a huge dip then rise, but now it’s dipped a little again?  

Maybe the cold cold is affecting it, who knows! Going round and round in circles. Guess I’ve just got to stay positive like you said. 
  • To confirm ovulation u need 3 consecutive rises or rises pattern. There maybe no dip before. As for pcos I don't know that much about it, but as far as I'm aware it's hormonal imbalance affecting lh? It can't affect the chart, but could mess the hormones and ovulation. That's why they put u on clomid. I know it's frustrating to wait, but I'm afraid only with time we will be able to interpret ur chart fully. But if u had peak opk and u will not have rised pattern, that unfortunately means u didn't ovulate.
  • Okay. Yes it’s a hormone imbalance but I had my day 2 bloods done in August for everything and the only elevated hormone was Testosterone as women at the higher end are only meant to have 1.7 but mine was 1.9.  Oh it hope all works out for me 😣 .. this was my first cycle of Clomid and I was so happy to see that positive OPK as it’s the first one I’ve ever seen so I thought I’d be in with a chance. I hate this 😣
  • It's good that u chart it's valuable data which u can present to dr if needed. Fingers crossed rise will continue and everything will be OK. But if somehow it will not then don't get discouraged u just got first positive opk mb it body just need a little bit more time. I wish u the best! I'm around to help with chart as always.
  • They do say that if the 50mg of Clomid don’t make you ovulate then they’ll put you onto 100mg, but I was so excited as I thought the 50mg was working and could finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.  Of course I know ovulation is only the first step but when you don’t ovulate regularly on your own that’s a huge bonus! 

So tomorrow, what does my chart need to do to have ovulated? Rise?  

Are you in your TWW? 
  • Yes u need ur temp to rise more. I'm 7dpo
  • @MadDoda are you feeling any different? Is your temp rising? 
  • This cycle I had a proper jump. What to feel different? It's too early for anything. 
  • Your chart looks abit like mine where yours dips really low then back up again, only difference is yours has stayed high where as mines dipped.. 

Does yours normally drop by now? 
  • My charts are different every cycle since awhile, there are some consistencies,  but otherwise it's a mess. Last cycle I was sick for 3weeks and had fever a lot making mess of my chart but I still got pregnant. This cycle I'm after mc and also had some fever. Normally my charts aren't this jumpy. I do get a drop like urs sometimes followed by gradual rise. You can't compare to anyone else, but all options are possible, all that matters is rised pattern. 

• Oh I didn’t rrealise you got pg last month and mc. sorry to hear that 🙁 

well I did get a drop and a rise too didn’t I, it’s just the morning that it’s dropped a little.  I think my illness has something to do with it who knows. My CM has gone all creamy now too, it’s weird because my body showed all signs of ovulation to the watery Cm around my fertile window, my peak opk, my dried up Cm after ovulation and now the creamy Cm. It’s just the chart that’s making me doubt it 😣 

you can see your pattern much clearer than mine cos you’ve been doing it much longer mines half of yours. 

Where are you from, UK? 
  • I'm in Edinburgh. I actually had mc, bboy and now two mcs in 3 months. So everything is messed up, my cycle my chart. I'm afraid that chart is more reliable than anything else u describe. CM is mostly related to falling eastrogen, but can be affected by progesterone too. The only way ur chart gets affected is problem with progesterone. Coz progesterone is responsible for temperature shift. It's too early to be negative, stay positive hopefully it will rise just fine. I see a lot of charts coz me and pinksnow help almost all ladies in October thread. Well there us an option that ur body has problems with progesterone, on that case egg could have been released, but corpus luteum doesn't go the job with progesterone. If that's the case u will have short luteal phase. All u can do is wait and observe.
  • Oh wow .. have you not got to the bottom of why you might keep misscarrying? Is it something to do with your hormones?  I have got low progesterone, we’ll i did have the last two cd21 blood tests. One was 2.9 and one was 1.9!! But that’s on my anovulatory cycle.  But on the months I did ovulate my progesterone was 15 & 24, so it’s literally just a case of when my body can be bothered it’ll produce enough! I don’t know my LP as Iv never known when I exactly ovulate because I don’t every month.   Is there still a chance that my chart could rise then? I need to keep positive as I’ve still got 5 more months on Clomid anyway! 🤞🏻 And I did tell myself I can’t expect it to happen on the first month and not to be disappointed if it doesn’t because i WILL get my baby in the end but easier said than done isn’t it. 

A friend of mine had the same same problem as you, she had over 20 miscarriages in a certain amount of years, she didn’t have a problem getting pregnant it was just keeping the pregnancy - she then had a operation which she had to fight for and she is now just over 20 weeks pregnant with her baby boy so her operation worked!
  • I'm not qualified for investigation Coz u need 3mcs in a row I had a kid after first. Beside I know why I'm mcing I knew from start it's gonna be like this, my son is a surprise miracle. I have autoimmune interactive thyroid and few more autoimmunity based problems.  Doctors are adjusting my meds to slowly, I usually do it myself earlier, coz I feel it's getting bad. I'm not blessed with the best health. 

There us a chance ur temp will rise. I'm sure that since u are under drs guidance Now and get meds it will be OK, Just need some time.
  • Ah okay! Yes Iv read about thyroids and the effect they can have on your body if they go wrong! 

I have faith that it will be ok just feeling a bit deflated about the temp.  My ovarys don’t feel sore any more, that’s what made me think the clomid was doing something cos Iv never that that before. Anyway, we’ll soon see as my bloods will confirm ☺️
  • I would never rely anything on symptoms like that, they are just unreliable. There are just too many factors which can affect you. When you have a bad day u can always chat to me. I will always try to help.