Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

progesterone is high but negative pregnancy test

Hi

Hope everyone is ok

So I had a progesterone test on my day 21 and the results came today saying it's 37, but when I took a pregnancy test it said negative

I just want to know if this has happened to anyone else before and they were pregnant - IV been trying for a while and don't want to get excited as the progesterone charts saying I should be in first trimester

I have an appointment with the doctors in few days 

Replies

• MadDodaMadDoda Regular
    edited Oct 7, 2019 10:19PM
    Progesterone rises after ovulation and then slowly drops towards period. If u get pregnant it falls into stable stage where u can see if it matches ur trimester. Before getting pregnant I don't think u can use such norms. High progesterone is good coz it means u surely ovulated, how many days passed since? It's probably too early to tell if ur pregnant yet.
  • Only been 3 days since the test 

Do you think progesterone levels go as high as 37 after ovalation ?

• Progesterone in yellow, lh green, eostrogen in pink. Test is aimed especially for cd21 to get highest post ovulation reading. If it's been 3 days u are at least a week too early to test. Did u bd before that test a lot over 10days? 
  • Hi @Uwerosler123, not exactly specific to what your asking, but a friend of mine had a blood test at cd21 and results came back low on progesterone, so was told she probably didn't ovulate this month, fast forward a week and half she took a pregnancy test just on a fluke and it was infact a BFP! Fast forward again she's had an early scan, she's 6 weeks and everything looks perfect, so don't worry about it, try again in a week or so and hopefully you will get your BFP too! Just telling you this story to let you know not everything is what it may seem and to stay positive, your still in with a chance x