Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Advice on OPK results please!!!

Hey guys! I think I might be getting a bit obsessive about this! Lol I could really do with some advice, I've been using opks for the past 3 months and I thought I had got the hang of them but maybe not!
I'm due to ovulate on Monday, my ovulation date seems to have been very regular so far within a day or so each month. I've been testing for a few days now in the run up to make sure I dont miss it, my tests always show the test line and a faint LH line (not getting darker until closer to ovulation) however the past 2 days you can barely see the LH line at all even if it's there!
Does this mean I wont ovulate this month? I dont know if I'm meant to have a bit of LH hormone now or not!!
Please give me some advice I really want to ovulate to give us a chance this month!!!

Replies

•  these are my test sticks so far this month if that helps anyone!!! 🤞
  • There is no such thing like regular when ttc. Occasional off dates are normal. You will probably ovulate later keep going. Beside positive opk doesn't mean there is an egg. It just confirms lh peak
  • Ok thanks hun I will keep trying, hopefully it will happen later in the month. I've just never had any tests where you couldn't at least faintly see two lines! X
  • Lh fluctuates, mb u test at wrong time if the day. Readings differ during the day. I always say to do opk at different time every day and see what time gives u highest reading and stick to that time. Beside lh is not a gradual rise, you may get sudden high and peak. Or you may drink too much or pee too often and u get lower reading. There is q lot of things affecting opk. If u want to know if u ovulate only ways to know is bbt and ultrasound, opk proves nothing, Just give u indication that, ur body is trying to release an egg, doesn't mean there is one, lh will show up eventually for sure, if not then there is with wrong.
  • I hadn't thought of testing at different times. I think I've been drinking more today too so my urine is probably slightly diluted. Hopefully it will happen later in the month. I've got that blood test on the 21st day of my cycle this month to measure my progesterone levels. That might pick up any problems too. Thanks for your advice!
  • You are welcome  , I hope u will get ur positive opk soon and the rest will be just fine,cso u can have ur bfp. Good luck