Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pregnant or period after m/c? Arghhh!!! 😩

Hi all 😊 I had a very early miscarriage on the 13th September. I got my peak surge after the m/c at day 18 (I started day 1 the day I started bleeding). So the past week I’ve had some very strange period like pains. I took a 1st response test this morning on what is supposed to be 12dpo and got a BFN! 😞 anyway my app says I’m not due for 2 more days and when I went to the toilet just I had some discharge which had a bit of ‘pink’ mixed in. I’m unsure if it’s my period starting OR I ovulated later then I thought and it’s implantation bleeding 🤔 yesterday I had the most strange pains in the middle of my ovaries (central). Has anyone got any experience of this? Obviously as you can imagine after a miscarriage I’m clinging on to any hope of a BFP. Thoughts and opinions most welcome 😊

Replies

• If u got a negative since miscarriage  then any positive after this would indicate a new pregnancy. U will normally have a first period 4-6 weeks after miscarriage unless u have fallen pregnant xx
  • @Mrs.B.28 the pink could be implantation bleeding
  • Hi @Catlady220 well, that’s what I’m hoping it is an maybe that’s why I got a BFN this morning as I read a test can’t pick up pregnancy until implantation has taken place. I’m wondering if that’s what the strange pains were yesterday. I have a horrible feeling I’m just clinging on to hope x
  • Mrs.B.28 said:
    Hi all 😊 I had a very early miscarriage on the 13th September. I got my peak surge after the m/c at day 18 (I started day 1 the day I started bleeding). So the past week I’ve had some very strange period like pains. I took a 1st response test this morning on what is supposed to be 12dpo and got a BFN! 😞 anyway my app says I’m not due for 2 more days and when I went to the toilet just I had some discharge which had a bit of ‘pink’ mixed in. I’m unsure if it’s my period starting OR I ovulated later then I thought and it’s implantation bleeding 🤔 yesterday I had the most strange pains in the middle of my ovaries (central). Has anyone got any experience of this? Obviously as you can imagine after a miscarriage I’m clinging on to any hope of a BFP. Thoughts and opinions most welcome 😊
    Hi, I don't have anything to add constructively in terms of if it's implantation bleeding or not, but I just wanted to say that I am going through the exact same thing as you are, and I am really hoping you get your BFP. I miscarried very early (4 weeks, so chemical pregnancy) around late September/early October, and we're hoping to have a BFP sometime over the next month or two, but it's hard. Just know you aren't alone, and again, I really hope you get that BFP <3 
  • @the-emperor-of-ice-cream firstly, I love your screen name! Sorry to hear you miscarried. You will eventually get your little rainbow 🌈 It’s a long waiting game isn’t it. I’m hoping to god I ovulated late but the pains are telling me it’s the period coming I think x
  • I do believe in increased fertility after mc, I'm the best example of it. So stay positive and give itself more than a day or two before u test again. I mced at identical time as u last month and I'm currently 10dpo. So fx for both of us for sticky beans.
  • @MadDoda ahh sorry to hear that. I have read everyone’s ‘stories’ in other posts but I find it hard to keep up with who’s who. Have you had any symptoms yet? Fingers crossed for us all this cycle x
  • There is no such thing like symptoms and bfn, Iidmt test. I will not for a long while, I dismiss everything which comes to my head. It's my 3rd mc and I got my son after 1st. I'm falling pregnant easily and almost immediately again after mc. That's why I said that above.
  • Mrs.B.28 said:
    @the-emperor-of-ice-cream firstly, I love your screen name! Sorry to hear you miscarried. You will eventually get your little rainbow 🌈 It’s a long waiting game isn’t it. I’m hoping to god I ovulated late but the pains are telling me it’s the period coming I think x
    Aw thank you so much - I hope you get your little rainbow baby, too!