Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

BBT help please

I’ve started monitoring my temperature this month but am worried that I have started it too late....my average cycle is 32 days so I didn’t think ovulation would happen before day 12 but every time I have done a clear blue ovulation stick it’s just the clear circle. Back in December when I fell I’d had a smiley face with one (pregnancy didn’t last). 

I know the 2 blue lines mean nothing but you obviously see them when you take the stick out of the holder, and there has been two lines up u TIL today where there’s o my one. I’m wondering whether I have had some of the hormone (not enough to get a smiley face) up until today but there’s just nothing now. 

Also.....I’m meant to be having cd28 blood tests this month. I’ve had cd21 before. 

Any advice would be great!

Replies

• I don't think you ovulated yet, ur temps are fairly low u need to keep going, lh fluctuates it may go up and down before it peaks. Sorry I didn't understand the test part of ur post. If ur cycle on average is 32 days all looks good with ovulation time.
  • MadDoda said:
    I don't think you ovulated yet, ur temps are fairly low u need to keep going, lh fluctuates it may go up and down before it peaks. Sorry I didn't understand the test part of ur post. If ur cycle on average is 32 days all looks good with ovulation time.
    Hi @MadDoda
    thanks for that, it’s reassuring. Looking at my chart I didn’t think I had already ovulated. So I will just keep testing. 
    The fertility friend app has predicted today as ovulation day but I don’t know how to tell it it’s wrong....any ideas? 

Sorry I didn’t actually ask anything with the dr bit....in feb I had cd 21 blood tests and needed another to check prolactin and one to recheck thyroid....prolactin had been high but came down. Thyroid is fine or was then. I turn 36 on Sunday so am getting a bit paranoid. Cd 28 will be a Sunday so I’m hoping the Monday morning will be ok for bloods. 
  • It's just a prediction on the calendar it will be adjusting itself. Ff needs to mark ovulation on the chart, until then it is very unlikely thst u ovulated. They test progesterone I'm cd21 as it's standard peak time. Not sure if there is any correlation of prolactin to the cycle. Thyroid can be tested any time, but should be early before eating anything,  doctors will tell u if doesn't matter, but it does. I have autoimmune thyroid and there was time I was looking for information I learned a lot that time. So depends what ur testing the cycle day probably doesn't matter. 
  • MadDoda said:
    It's just a prediction on the calendar it will be adjusting itself. Ff needs to mark ovulation on the chart, until then it is very unlikely thst u ovulated. They test progesterone I'm cd21 as it's standard peak time. Not sure if there is any correlation of prolactin to the cycle. Thyroid can be tested any time, but should be early before eating anything,  doctors will tell u if doesn't matter, but it does. I have autoimmune thyroid and there was time I was looking for information I learned a lot that time. So depends what ur testing the cycle day probably doesn't matter. 
    Well it sounds ridiculous but I’m not sure what they are testing. I’d ended up with a long app where the dr left me twice to go and ask for guidelines and I didn’t really take it in. She said they’ll do blood tests and swabs. I told her I’d had day 21 before but she said as my cycle is longer I should have a day 28. I phoned the surgery this afternoon to confirm but still waiting for a callback. 
  • It is true that they test progesterone later if u have longer cycle, but cd28 seems bit late Eblven for longer cycle, I'm not entirely sure how it works.  But that I know they are aiming for progesterone peak, which usually happen one week after ovulation. U didn't get ovulation yet and ure CD18 so they maybe just right actually or a bit off. See what happens, I'm sure everything will be OK.
  • So it’s cd 20 for me as my clear blue test sticks are still showing negative :/ but I have some clear discharge today so feel like that’s a good sign for ovulation?
  • Chart?

• Does it seem ‘normal’?
  • Yeah u just didn't ovulate yet, but it could be any moment Now. 
  • Great 👍🏻 
  • @MadDoda I got another set of ovulation sticks this evening and it’s another negative. 

At least I have a blood test on Friday but do you think there’s any chance I could conceive with a later ovulation date? I’ve defo not already have I going by my chart

• You’re right @MadDoda I hadn’t ovulated, but got a solid smiley face this morning. So I should see my temp rose on the chart from tomorrow I guess. I’m hoping the chart is going to cut down on the anxiety I’ve had every month normally on using tests (and the cost) as if im right my temp would remain high ignored conceived but come down if not?
    thanks again!
  • SmithL35 said:

You’re right @MadDoda I hadn’t ovulated, but got a solid smiley face this morning. So I should see my temp rose on the chart from tomorrow I guess. I’m hoping the chart is going to cut down on the anxiety I’ve had every month normally on using tests (and the cost) as if im right my temp would remain high ignored conceived but come down if not?
    thanks again!
    That should say ‘high IF conceived’!!
  • So if u had positive opk in the morning u may ovulate today or tomorrow. U need to bd asap. Depending on that ur temp may still drop tomorrow before going up the day after. Just so what u have to chart will confirm in few days.
  • MadDoda said:
    So if u had positive opk in the morning u may ovulate today or tomorrow. U need to bd asap. Depending on that ur temp may still drop tomorrow before going up the day after. Just so what u have to chart will confirm in few days.
    Brilliant- we will bd tonight and I’ll keep updating on the chart. Hope you’re ok 👍🏻 
  • Ur temp need to stay up at ur af due date, but still it may drop only when af starts. U will not be able to tell if u conceived without charting few months or not at all.
  • MadDoda said:
    Ur temp need to stay up at ur af due date, but still it may drop only when af starts. U will not be able to tell if u conceived without charting few months or not at all.
    Oh ok :/
  • Hi, 
    so my peak ovulation was Tuesday morning and my temp hasn’t gone up....is that a bag sign? @MadDoda
  • Chart plz

• According to the ovulation test I got a peak smileu face Tuesday morning