Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone on the TWW and After due on 8/07/18 - Part 6

Replies

• Options
    @Ags99 With ivf you go by egg collection date (equivalent to ovulation/conception date) so yes you’re around 4wks already. You usually get an early scan with the clinic and then if all is well you’re discharged into normal midwifery care but every clinic is different. Your GP will be able to tell you how to be referred to a midwife. Some GP’s do it for you others get you fill in a referral online like I did. You’ll then get a letter in the post for your 12wk scan usually done at your local hospital and a midwife will contact you for you first appointment usually sometime before your 12wk scan. Hope that helps, I was clueless too haha! I think you spend so long trying to get pregnant when it actually happens you don’t know what to do! 😂
  • Options
    Thank you @Lacey Til that's exactly how I feel! The last couple of years I have been only focusing on getting pregnant and I feel like I know absolutely everything about ovulations, dpos, bbts fmus hpts, but then what happens if I actually get pregnant? Welcome back anxiety! :) What can they see on the 8weeks scan? Can we expect a heartbeat or just to confirm I am actually pregnant? 
  • Options
    @Ags99 Yes they’ll be able to detect a heartbeat at 8wks if there is one. They’ll be able to see the baby/babies although they look more like a blob at this stage and they’ll be able to get measurements. The worry will never leave unfortunately but with each milestone, you gain a little more confidence in the pregnancy x 
  • Options
    Thank you, Hubby says he's got BUPA via his work and we should be covered for an early scan, but not sure it makes sense with IVF pregnancies if we have the 8weeks scan as an extra anyway, but he says they do a 6week scan. Need to look this up whether it makes sense. I am worried about things so would be good to have extra scans, but also don't want to become over worried either. Ah, so many decisions now it's only been a few hours since we found out and already feeling so overwhelmed! At this point I am just happy it worked for us the first time, but I know it can end any time. Constant worries you are so lucky to be further along! :) 
  • Options
    @Ags99 I was under the impression I got scanned at 6wks too but my clinic explained the reason they leave it til 8wks is because there isn’t much to see at 6wks and often they can’t always pick up what they need to or a heartbeat and that can cause unnecessary stress when actually there’s a healthy baby. But if it brings you peace of mind then go for it. Your clinic may even scan you before 8wks, like I said every clinic is different. Congrats again lovely x 
  • Options
    Hm.. that makes so much sense thank you. If he insists I will go, but tell him it can cause unnecessary stress. Unless they can detect an ectopic... Will look it up, thank you so much for the help, it means a great deal. Looking forward to the best weekend ever. :) 
  • Options
    @Ags99 Massive congrats 😘😘. And what a lovely line.
    The best Valentine's day present!! 
  • Options
    OMG Aggs You did it!  
    Hooray!  I’m only seeing this now! I’m not getting email notifications for some reason I thought everyone was super quiet! I’m made up for you love!!
  • Options
    Did any of you ladies have implantation bleeding? I am 10dpo today. I also start my ivf nasal spray today. I’ve just been to the loo and had some pink discharge that I really wasn’t expecting. Paris would be due in around 5/6days. I’m really really hopin  we nailed it this time and I don’t have to continue with the meds but it’s prob a mad idea! I did have “sensations” and dull aches/cramps on and off all week and an awareness of my lower abdomen.  Also had cm. Im driving myself mad here but if it’s implant today there’s no point testing until Monday? 
  • Options
    ^period, not Paris 
  • Options
    @Genabella I’ve never had implant with either bfp, however some others have. My advice would be to wait till af is due and see if she will turn up or not although I know easier said then done! Fx you’ve caught the egg lovely xxx 
  • Options
    @Genabella I was told no sex the month before starting ivf for this reason. I’m not sure it’s safe to take the buserelin (nasal spray) if you’re pregnant? I would ring your clinic and see what they suggest. I didn’t get any implantation bleeding either. 
  • Options
    @Lacey Til I know it said that in my paper work to but I was under the impression from my previous app they wouldn’t start my meds until my next cycle. I mistimed it! 🙈 I did say to the nurse hypothetically speaking what would happen and she said “don’t tell me anything” but it has and does happen. I had a bfn at 10dpo but only spotted yesterday and again just now. I’ve peed a million times today already so I’ll test in morn again? 
  • Options
    Congratulations @Ags99- such wonderful news!!xxx
  • Options
    Thank you @EmJ3! I called the clinic yesterday and they we so thrilled I almost cried when I told the sister. This was the first time I said it out loud to someone and it somehow made it super real, I think that's when it sunk in. My 7week scan is booked for the 5th of March, can't wait! We agreed with DH if everything is ok we will tell the family after that scan.
    @Genabella did you test this morning? 

• Options
    Hey! Yes I did and it was another BFN. I’m due AF wed or Thursday. Hoping the nasal spray doesn’t mess things up too much! How are u feeling? Has it sunk in yet?
  • Options
    @Genabella sorry to see you’ve had a bfn, could be just too early to test? I have everything crossed af stays away xxx 
  • Options
    @Genabella Now your down regging (buserelin) I doubt your period would arrive when it would as it changes your cycle as they putting you in a temporary menopause. I strongly suggest you call your clinic if you think you could be pregnant as I’m not sure it’s safe to be taking these meds if you are indeed pregnant. I don’t want to cause panic it just raises a few red flags to me and think it’s better to be safe than sorry xx 
  • Options
    Hi @Genabella yes, I think so, however I must add that until the first scan I can't really let it sink in properly. I know I am pregnant, but I am not allowing myself to get carried away. 
    DH on the other hand has already picked all furniture for the nursery, car seats and prams, he is super sweet, but not letting me tell anyone until the scan. 15days to go yeyy!
    I agree with @Lacey Til you should tell the clinic as I can't imagine the spray not being harmful to an embryo if you are pregnant.. I was on short protocol so there was no down regulation for me, only starting injections on day 3 of my cycle meaning I had AF so I knew I wasn't pregnant. 

• Options
    Hey ladies I hope everyone is well, been a while since I’ve posted, sending hugs to you all xxx 
This discussion has been closed.